Mac OS Education
SkyORB 3D takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy in this new version. Click "More" to learn why you should download this App today!
*** APP ENHANCED FOR LATEST OSX VERSION WITH TODAY WIDGET and NOTIFICATION CENTER, RETINA DISPLAY, IMPROVED ASTRONOMY ENGINE AND SUPPORT FOR OPENGL 4.0 ***
"SkyORB's new look 3D interface is very slick and basic navigation of the solar system in 3D is easy and fun"
This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space.
SkyORB features a 3D interface, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current launch missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth.
This new version includes a redesigned user interface, easier to use with its tool tips, help documentation, access to Facebook community,
• Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude or automatically with Location Services,
• Allows to go back and forth in time with precision using PLAN404 series (accurate from 3000 B.C. to 3000 A.D)
• Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates and automatically generated calendar of upcoming astronomy events.
• 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and visuals.
• 3D animation of the solar system in real-time or fast forward, with actual facts for each planets.
• 3D sky map with real-time precession with planets, stars, constellations, deep objects, comets and satellites,
• Comets and satellites trajectories which can be updated among 6 differents databases including IAU Minor Planet Center.
• Displays the world map sun clock with rise and set.
• Multi-touch trackpad (on some devices) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out.
• Universal search engine.
• Weather retrieval base from location.
• 64-bit multithreaded astronomy engine and multithreaded graphics engine, with OpenGL 4.0 support including Retina high definition rendering, and full screen post-processing with realtime processing of the planets, meteors positions and rotations.
Check out the video on YouTube
Check out our Facebook page:
Check out our Twitter page:
In this update:
• Improved push and local notifications.
• Improved data recovery comets and asteroids.
• Other bug fixes and improvements.