SkyORB - Astronomy for Everyone in 3D
Mac OS Education
SkyORB 3D takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy
Click "More" to learn why you should download this App today!
This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space.
SkyORB features a 3D interface, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current launch missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth.
• Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude or automatically with Location Services,
• Allows to go back and forth in time with precision using PLAN404 series (accurate from 3000 B.C. to 3000 A.D)
• Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates and automatically generated calendar of upcoming astronomy events.
• 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and visuals.
• 3D animation of the solar system in real-time or fast forward, with actual facts for each planets.
• 3D sky map with real-time precession with planets, stars, constellations, deep objects, comets and satellites,
• Comets and satellites trajectories which can be updated among 6 differents databases including IAU Minor Planet Center.
• Displays the world map sun clock with rise and set.
• Multi-touch trackpad (on some devices) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out.
• Universal search engine.
• Weather retrieval base from location.
• macOS features like push notification with important astronomy news, today widget : Get push notifications from astronomy news found in the press, and personnalized astronomy events and observation available near you.
We regularly bring you updates and new features to improve you experience. Have fun!
In this update:
- New eclipse notification calendar using besselian elements, which give exact time from your location.
- Other bug fixes and improvements, restore compability with MacOSX 10.8