GeneticsLab is an excellent utility for those ones who are learning Biology, Genetics or any related studies. GeneticsLab automates some operations based on the genetic code, so you won't need to do them manually anymore! These are some of the operations it can perform:
- Check and format DNA and RNA sequences.
- Generate complementary strings from DNA or RNA strings.
- Generate a RNA sequence from a DNA sequence and vice versa.
- Generate the amino acid sequence corresponding to a specific DNA or RNA sequence.
- Get the percentages of each nucleotide kind in a DNA or RNA sequence.
The built-in error detector helps you finding and fixing some common mistakes such as use of invalid characters, use of Uracil in DNA mode and use of Thymine in RNA mode. Simply click on an issue on the list and GeneticsLab will highlight it and if you want, it will fix it for you automatically.
But wait, there's more! GeneticsLab also allows you to perform some mendelian inheritance based operations, such as blood type calculation.
It also offers you an amino acid library and a nucleotide library, which you can use as a reference while you are learning.
- You can now store your GeneticsLab documents on iCloud and enjoy some built-in iCloud features.
- Support for the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Redesigned HelpBook with some new contents.
- New great icon and artwork.
- Improved reference libraries with a better look and more descriptions.
- Fixed some stability bugs in Mendelian Inheritance Utility and redesigned UI for it.
- Fixed many minor issues and improved performance.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 26, 2012
- Guillermo Servera
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (3)
- 23.1 MB