This app was removed from the App Store.
Tutorial for Cocoa
Mac OS Developer Tools
Learn how to make Mac apps using native Cocoa plus source code!
APP INCLUDES 27 SOURCE CODE PROJECTS TO USE!
Cocoa with Xcode is the best way to create native Mac apps. Learn the basic steps to perform tasks like opening and saving text files, creating web browsers, writing PDF files, playing videos and more. In this app you will find instructions for Mac programming for absolute beginners. If you are an expert this app probably isn't for you, but if you are a beginner with Mac programming and Xcode this app while help you create Mac apps and lead you on the road to submitting your own apps to the Mac store. Videos cover creating Mac/Cocoa projects in step-by-step fashion, providing code snippets you can combine together in your own functional apps. Source code examples are simple, self-contained and easy to follow. Each example covers a single task - no 400 page hard to understand book to wade through.
This app is suitable for developers who have programming backgrounds but are not familiar with cocoa, or for beginners looking to create and submit apps developed with Cocoa to the Mac app store.
28 Video Tutorials
27 Cocoa projects you can open in Xcode
* As of this release projects were created in Xcode 4.2
Video Tutorials include:
- Hello World, creating cocoa projects and displaying alerts
- Displaying PDF files
- Playing videos inside your app
- Handling basic window operations
- Creating a web browser
- Exporting documents to PDF files
- Displaying Date/Time data
- Creating table view apps
- Working with table views
- Basic data saving techniques
- Deleting data at runtime
- Playing audio in an app
- Controlling system volume
- Slider views
- Setting up menus
- Loading and displaying an image
- Exporting images
- Opening rich text files
- Saving and printing rich text files
- Drag and drop of images
- Popup menus
- Sending and handling notifications
- Adding an icon to your app
- Color dialogs
- Font dialogs
Each video (except for the icon video) is accompanied by a source code file (in ZIP format) you can download and play with to learn how to create apps on your own, and expand on the code.
- Simple video player interface
- View in app window or full screen mode
- Export source code to your computer
- Code accomplishes tasks but is simple so suitable for beginners