Mac OS Developer Tools
The powerful plain text and source editor. Now free and open source.
The app that started the collaborative editing revolution is back. Write articles, code, notes or meeting minutes with friends – wherever they are. Ideal for extreme programming sessions.
SubEthaEdit kickstarted collaborative editing with its easy and immediate way to connect and edit. Just add your co-workers to the document and start typing. No complicated setup, browser or Internet required.
2003 Apple Design Award Winner.
• Extensible architecture for custom modes for your favorite language or format
• Regular expression search and replace
• Extensive support for converting and reading text-encodings
• Bracket matching
• Code folding
• Autocomplete based on your content
• Word counter, invisible characters
• Collaboration over the Internet or the local network
• Read-only mode for network documents
• Public and private network documents
Now free and open source! The ideal tool for education, pair programming and tutoring and all your plain text editing needs.
• Support for Mojave Dark Appearance
• Overall facelift
• In bundle distribution of see command line tool and authentication script
Bug fixes and maintenance:
• Improved performance
• Improved reliability of see tool
• Fixed an issue where "Open Terminal Here" did not work reliably.