Pyro Video Codec is a high speed video codec, designed for games developers and designed to work with both desktop and mobile gpus, although it can be utilized with the provided software blitters too.
Pyro Video Codec has the following features and more...
• Optimized low latency audio output that uses Core Audio on OSX/iOS. XAudio2 is used on Windows, with a fallback to Wave Out if it's not present.
• Fast SIMD MMX blitters to get the video frames from YUV to RGB (16-bit and 32-bit). Both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms are supported with assembler paths (currently, only the OSX runtime is 64-bit capable).
• Direct access to the YUV420 frames so you can upload each channel to its own texture and combine them into RGB using a fragment/pixel shader. This is shown in the samples, which can be found on http://www.deepcovesoftware.com.
• Small 32-bit/64-bit universal framework for OSX (less than 1MB).
• Small 32-bit x86/ARM7 universal static lib for iOS that works on both the Simulator and Device.
• Small dll for Windows (less than 150kB).
• Multiple samples for OpenGL (iOS/OSX/Windows) and Direct3D9, Direct3D10 and Direct3D11 (Windows). There's also a SDL sample for OSX and Windows.
• Simply snaps into your own OpenGL/Direct3D based code/engine with minimum complexity.
• An API that’s been designed to be as simple as possible.
Pyro Encoder has the following features and more…
• Easily import most videos and encode to the Pyro Video Codec format.
• Responsive preview so you can see how the encode session is progressing, comparing the quality between the original and compressed frames in real time.
• Ability to batch encode multiple videos.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 31, 2012
- Developer Tools
- Deep Cove Software Limited
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.9 MB