- View any file in detail, view / save in any text encoding
- Displays each byte as data (decimal or hex notation) or as text
- Can take text directly from the clipboard
- Try different text encodings to find the correct one or the best fit
- Attempts to filter the text from a proprietary format
- Saves a text file using the same or another encoding
There are many different text encoding systems (ways of representing characters within a file) and a file doesn't necessarily carry information about the encoding that was used when it was saved. This can lead to frustrating problems when the file is opened.
Peep is a file viewing and text encoding utility which is useful when programming, when experiencing text encoding problems or when you need to extract information from a file that you can't open otherwise.
Allows you to view files in a 'hexeditor' style, it's not intended to be an editor but rather to inspect, access or sort out encoding problems.
Adds more ways to open a file:
- drag the file to the application icon
- drag the file into the main window's table
Improves auto-detection of file encoding
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 22, 2014
- Developer Tools
- 1.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data