Spot the differences. Merge in seconds.
With text merge, three-way merge, folder comparison, and now the ability to ignore whitespace-only differences, Kaleidoscope integrates perfectly with the version-control systems you already use.
Who says powerful developer tools can’t be beautiful too?
Praise for Kaleidoscope
"Kaleidoscope epitomizes the concept of “versatile software”: anyone can pick it up and use it, and the app will “scale” according to a user’s needs." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Kaleidoscope 2 is breeze. I wish I'd had something like Kaleidoscope when I wrote my first novel, and I'll be counting on it when I finally get around to writing the next one." - Rene Ritchie, iMore.com
"It’s beautifully designed, fast and wonderful to use. It’s become an essential part of my toolkit already." - Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web
It's Part of Your Workflow
- Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Perforce support
- Integrates as a fully-functional diff or merge tool
- Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
- Three powerful display modes
- Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
- Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
- Review code changes and resolve conflicts
- Intelligently auto-merges the right content
File & Folder Comparison
- Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
- Sort and filter down to what matters most
- Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
- Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
- Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
- Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast “difference mask”
Optimized for OS X Lion & Mountain Lion
- Beautiful, modern UI to feel at home on your Mac
- Full-Screen mode for focusing on your content
- Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
"The new Kaleidoscope is great, and has awesome and committed people behind it. Devs and designers need this tool." - @SteveStreza
"I just bought Kaleidoscope app! It has already saved my time greatly once (by comparing SQL from clipboard). Thank you!" - @befive_info
"Kaleidoscope 2 is the best merging tool for the Mac, hands down. I finally don't miss BeyondCompare." - @stefankendall
New Feature: Added support for ignoring whitespace (leading, trailing and line ending) in text comparisons.
New Feature: Added an indicator to display remaining unresolved conflicts in a merge document.
- Added dropdown menus on either side of Choose Left/Choose Right buttons to make “Choose Both” options more discoverable.
- Added better tooltips for the “Copy to” buttons when in Unified view.
- Fixed various issues with Dark Theme which made text difficult to read.
- Fixed issue where selecting different text scope views on one window could affect copy right/left buttons on other windows.
- Fixed issue where holding option to modify the behavior of copy right/left buttons on one window could affect other windows.
- Fixed issue that could prevent Kaleidoscope from picking up changes made to a document open in more than one window.
- Fixed issue that could prevent Kaleidoscope from picking up changes made to documents externally, especially on the MAS build.
- Fixed issue where sometimes Folder Scope copies would not show up correctly after the copy had taken place.
- Fixed issue where Folder Scope would not pick up external additions of empty files or directories.
- Fixed issue that caused git integration to fail on 10.9 Mavericks.
- Fixed issue where ksdiff was sometimes not able to connect to Kaleidoscope after reboots with window restoration enabled.
- Fixed issue that where Kaleidoscope would not allow quitting when choosing “Review Conflicts” on a modified document.
- Updated Automator actions to categorize correctly in Automator.
- Added support for copy/paste shortcuts in the crash reporter window.
- Kaleidoscope now avoids saving files without changes.
- Kaleidoscope will now disallow edits to files that can be read but not written to (e.g. docx files).
- Kaleidoscope now better remembers size and position of your windows.
- Fixed issue that stopped the comparison windows from minimizing when double clicking their title bar.
- Fixed issue where the path bar area could fail to update correctly when switching tabs.
- Fixed issue where clicking the dock icon would not restore minimized documents.
- Fixed issue where dragging a group of files that were already open in Kaleidoscope could cause issues resulting in not all new files being added.
- Fixed issue that made it possible for the comparison window to grow vertically offscreen on 10.9 leaving you with a window you could not reposition afterwards.
- Fixed issue that made it impossible to bring up the open dialog by clicking on an empty tab when fullscreen in 10.9.
- Fixed issue where sometimes full-screen windows would not be full-screen.
- Fixed small visual issues with the Ignored Files dialog window.
- Fixed documentation issues with ksdiff help.
- Improved Help Documentation.
- Various performance and stability fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 30, 2014
- Developer Tools
- Black Pixel
- 21.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (5)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (80)