Dash (Docs & Snippets)
Instant search and offline access to any API documentation you may need.
▶ Dash is free to download and try out. However, you can purchase Dash using an In-App Purchase ◀
Dash is an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. Dash helps you store snippets of code, as well as instantly search and browse documentation for almost any API you might use (for a full list, see the screenshots).
Documentation Browser Features:
• Supports docsets generated using popular tools like Appledoc and Doxygen.
• Methods are conveniently shown in a special Table of Contents.
• Highlighted in-page search.
• Create search profiles to easily switch between docsets
• Easily search specific docsets by defining keyword filters (e.g. start your query with "python:" to search only the Python documentation).
• Integration plugins for: Xcode, Alfred, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, PopClip, AppCode, Sublime Text, Emacs, Vim, TextMate, Eclipse, Terminal, AppleScript.
• Easily integrate with any other application using the "dash://" URL scheme or the "Look up in Dash" system service.
• Fuzzy search. Don't let misspells get in your way.
• Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
Snippet Manager Features:
• Collect snippets of code that you reuse often.
• Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
• Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting.
• Variable Placeholders can be edited before pasting.
• Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
• @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
• @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
• @date expands into the current date.
• @time expands into the current time.
• Multi-Touch Gestures.
• Menu item or dock application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
• Users that want to use Dash only as a Snippet Manager or Documentation Browser, can do so.
• Dash will nag and annoy you every now and then, in order to purchase.
• None. Please report bugs and compatibility issues at email@example.com
• Added D3.js docset - thanks to Przemysław Kamiński
• Added jQuery Mobile docset
• Added PopClip to the Integration pane
• Added TextMate to the Integration pane
• Improved sorting when there are a lot of results returned - this change will cause the unified search index to rebuild
• Fixed a few back/forward history bugs
• Minor usability improvements
• Fixed a bug which caused CTRL+Clicking on the menu icon to not show the menu
• Added "Zoom" to the "Windows" menu
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 13, 2013
- Developer Tools
- Bogdan Popescu
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (704)
- 8.2 MB