Mac OS Developer Tools
CompareMerge is a software tool for file comparison and merging text-like files.
It is useful for determining what has changed between versions, and then merging changes between versions.
Please go to the website below to get more help or to install no-sandbox version of the app:
Functions of the application:
- COMPARE FOLDERS/FILES: can compare both 2 files or 2 folders
- BLANK COMPARE: Allow to create blank edit window to compare text then save later
- INLINE EDIT (Edit/Merge at the same time) : Compare and Merge 2 text files: allow you to edit/compare/merge 2 text files in the same windows
- LINE NUMBER: When edit file, showing line number will make it easier to know exactly changes positions.
- FILE FILTERS: Include or exclude files that match regular expressions. Other than that, after compare 2 folders, you could filter display item base on file name.
- INCLUDE SUBFOLDERS: This option lets you control the depth of a folder comparison. Enabling it compares all folder levels
- COPY TO: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to copy to different location (example: when release change source)
- DELETE Left/Right/Both: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to delete
- IGNORE CASE, SPACE: Allow to ignore Case, Space in Edit/Merge window
- IGNORE End-Line code: Allow to ignore difference in End Line Code (LF for Mac・Unix file, CR-LF for Windows file, or CR for Mac classic file) in Edit mode.
Note: when compare folders, EOL was not ignored.
- EXPORT / CREATE REPORT: Allow to export compare/merge result to clipboard or to files (support formats: CSV, Text, HTML)
- Syntax highlight
- Export to zip file
- In edit mode, a small view is show to the exact text difference
- Add exclude file extension filter
- User can now drag 2 files or folders into the Main window or the app"s icon to start comparing them
- Improve UI
- Fix bugs