Mac OS Video
--- a newer version is coming ---
--- grab it now at this low price ---
Creating Stop Motion movies has never been easier or more accurate!
(Note: If you do not have a DV driver for your DSLR, the app you want is not this one but 'photo2movie' or 'picture2movie'.)
Stop motion and time-lapse movies are commonplace nowadays, and dozens of cool new ones are pumped out every day, attracting thousands of views. Want your stop motion video to be awesome, but just can't seem to make anything better than clumsy wannabe? This app is for you!
The key is the special ghosting feature, which allows you to see a semitransparent version of your previous capture superimposed on your camera feed. It might not sound like much, but this can actually help you greatly with positioning as you now have the previous shot as a guide. Ultimately, your movie will turn out to be much less jumpier and glitchier.
Of course, this great feature is complemented by a complete suite of features you can expect to find in a premium stop-motion movie software, and all of this is part of an elegant, easy-to-use interface.
- story board displays a semitransparent "ghost" of your last captured frame: picture on top of your current feed to make capture much more accurate and manageable. (See attached photo). With this feature, your movies will flow much smoother and look much more professional.
- supports all USB, FireWire webcam, iSight Camera and DV Video devices that your Mac can recognize, even the newest HD cameras!
- Takes RAW uncompress pictured data grabbed from camera, which makes your capture resolution even higher than the default video resolution of your device. For HD devices, you may expect a resolution even higher than 1920*1080.
- Frames Per Second (fps) of the finished video can be set from 1 to 50 and can be changed after each capture so you can get the perfect vibe.
- can save all of your captured images in addition to generating the movie
- movie can be previewed and saved at any time you prefer, and the saved movie will be pop out immediately for you to inspect
- all captured frame images are named with a detailed time stamp and neatly saved into a project folder - all to keep you organized.
- both manual and automatic modes - make a time lapse without lifting a finger with the automatic shooting feature. Shooting interval can be freely adjusted between 10 to 600 seconds (10 minutes).
- built in tips and one click email tech-support.
v1.30 -> v1.32
add functions according to user's feature request
- add function of "Add frame from file", user may add frame to movie from picture file
- add detailed user alert related to "Add frame from file" function
- "Disable/Reset User Alert" menu item added to main menu, status bar menu and dock menu
v1.32 -> v1.40
- Sandboxed OS 10.7 to OS 10.8 compatible version
- 1024x1024 size icon
- add protection when there is no video camera connected
v1.40 -> v1.42
- Fix bug of nil output folder under OS 10.7
v1.42 -> v1.60
functions added or upgraded according to user's feature requests:
- functions added: project can be saved and reopened!
- function added: unlimited undo of frame adding by simply delete the last added frame.
- function added: main interface is resizable at anytime now
- add button of "Load Project","Save Project", and "Delete Last Frame "
- add menu item of "Load Project", "Save Project" and "Reset User Alerts"
- add fully customizable global Hotkey to "Add Frame" button
- refresh and display hotkey on button's title after hotkey changed
- auto shooting time interval can be widely selected from 5 seconds to 20 minutes
- auto shooting time interval slider changed to exponential model for easy input
- three user alerts added or modified
- global hotkey alert text modified
- More by dragonBTV updated
v1.60 -> v1.62
- upgrade deprecated code on displaying hotkey alert dialog
- function added: unlimited frame deleting (undo) from the end of movie
- bug fix: frame count not decreasing while deleting frames
- interface's color changed back from white to system default according to user's feedback
- more by dragonBTV updated