The click of a mouse or the press of a hotkey activates your screensaver instantly.
Using a screensaver is still the most effective way of protecting your privacy while you are away from your Mac (even for this day and age).
In fact, a screensaver in conjunction with a password may very well be the only way of protecting your information from others when you are away from your Mac and still need to keep it working….
ScreenSaverNow provides an easy way for you to active your screensaver.
Just click the app's button in the status bar, dock icon menu or press a hotkey of your choice, and your screensaver will be instantly activated!
- OS 10.7 to OS 10.8 Sandbox compatible version
- fully customizable global hotkey trigger
- simple mouse click to trigger
- dock icon can be set hidden
- Sandbox compatible option of auto start at login.
1. You may setup a password in conjunction with your screensaver in this way:
go to your Mac's "System Preferences". Then, under "Security & Privacy",
check the option "Require password after __ minutes sleep or screen saver begins"
2. Before setting your preferred global hotkey combination, please hit them first to test if they are already reserved by your system or by other apps.
After you've set your hotkey combination, please click the Save button.
3. ScreenSaverNow's preset hotkey combination is "command + shift + control + h",
4. As key presses and key releases are system events which, in this case, can trigger the stopping of screensaver, please release the hotkey quickly as the system would otherwise responds to the key releases, thereby stopping the screensaver you've just started.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 05, 2013
- Jiulong Zhao
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 1.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Word Count Icon
• Boss Radar
• Control Centers
• Movie Rotate