OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go. OmniPlan provides features like Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical path highlighting to let you manage all of your activities. From customizable views to fast data entry, OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
• Publish & Subscribe [NEW!]: Stop, collaborate, listen. Make changes to your project and see those from your collaborators with syncing; customize your availability and have your colleagues' calendars update instantly. Mix and match your publish and subscribe actions to meet your needs.
• Change Tracking [NEW!]: Use change tracking to keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes (task by task or en masse) from your collaborators.
• Friendly Interface: We designed OmniPlan to help you spend your time on more worthy pursuits than trying to figure out how to use project management software. OmniPlan's intuitive approach helps you get things done and stays out of your way while doing so. OmniPlan has several customizable views starting from "simple creation" for basic planning options; when you're ready for more sophisticated functions, OmniPlan can be configured to meet your needs.
• Data-sharing options: OmniPlan can import XML, MPX, and MPP project files from Microsoft Project 2003 - 2010, as well as OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and CSV files. OmniPlan exports information to iCal, CSV, Microsoft Project (MPP), Microsoft Project Exchange (MPX), Microsoft Project (XML), HTML, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and a variety of image formats. You can create detailed HTML reports with OmniPlan, and use filtered criteria for customized printing and exporting options.
• Efficient resource allocation: With OmniPlan's resource management, you can identify bottlenecks in your project, track budgets, and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently.
• Visual timelines: The Timeline (or Gantt Chart) view of your project displays activities in a calendar. Durations for each task are shown graphically in a time-phased diagram by day, week, month, quarter, or year. The Gantt view shows task start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies (where a certain task can't begin unless another has finished) by dragging and connecting them in the Gantt view. OmniPlan's graphical display of your project's information helps you quickly assess status and proactively manage deadlines.
• Violations and critical paths: If your schedule has a logical impossibility – for example, the scheduled start date for a task occurs before the project start date – OmniPlan displays a violation window, with an explanation of the problem and suggestions of possible solutions (and links that automatically resolve the violation). In the Gantt view, OmniPlan displays your project's critical path, which is the series of tasks that are necessary in order for your project to finish on schedule. The critical path can change as you progress through your schedule; OmniPlan keeps you up to date so you can make informed decisions.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omniplan.
OmniPlan 2.3 requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later
This version of OmniPlan 2.3 employs security features in Mac OS which are new to version 10.8 and will not run on earlier releases of Mac OS X.
Syncing OmniPlan 2.3 documents to the iPad requires OmniPlan for iPad version 1.3 or later.
• Editing vs. Indentation — If you edit a field in an outline view and indent or outdent the row without first ending editing, OmniPlan no longer discards your edits.
• Unfolding Text — If folded editing is enabled, the text of long folded rows will be drawn correctly when you try to edit it.
• Style Dragging — You can now drag a style chit directly from the Project: Styles inspector to a Gantt bar.
• Critical Path on Timeline View — Improved critical path drawing on timeline view swim lanes.
• Timeline View Gantt Bar Layout — Improved Gantt bar label drawing.
• Retina Constraint Fuzziness — Constraints are no longer blurry on retina displays.
• Date Headers — Date headers now refresh when the time scale is changed by the scale menu.
• Stability — Various stability improvements.
• Leveling and Splitting — Fixed error re-leveling previously split tasks following changing the completion percentage.
• Leveling — Leveling no longer corrupts duration and effort on fixed duration tasks assigned to resource groups.
• Leveling — When automatic resource leveling is on, OmniPlan will monitor its performance. If it becomes slow, OmniPlan will suggest turning it in favor of on-demand leveling.
• Spotlight Support — Updated the spotlight importer for file format changes. Spotlight should start indexing OmniPlan documents again, which will appear in the “Documents” section of spotlight search results.
• MPP File Import — Fixed general problems in importing MPP9 format and grouping tasks.
• OmniGraffle Import — Importing OmniGraffle files works again.
• Printing — Print scaling no longer results in an extra column of pages down the right side of the printout. Fixed incorrect print scaling of the timeline view causing the resource lanes to be misaligned with respect to their resource names.
• Printing — Fixed a remnant of “as displayed” printing that showed atop “report” printouts.
• WebDAV Setup — Fixed a crash that could occur when testing certain WebDAV servers for standards compliance.
• HTML Export Pub/Sub Actions — The HTML Template setting now sticks when configured on HTML export Pub/Sub actions.
• AppleScript Export Actions — Improved Sandbox compatibility for AppleScript and HTML Full Report export actions.
• Timeline View Image exports — Fixed bad vertical stretching of the resource labels on exported image of the Timeline View.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by choosing "Send Feedback" from the Help menu, sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting to @OmniPlan, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 01, 2014
- The Omni Group
- 40.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (37)