OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go. OmniPlan provides features like Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical path highlighting to let you manage all of your activities. From customizable views to fast data entry, OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
• Publish & Subscribe [NEW!]: Stop, collaborate, listen. Make changes to your project and see those from your collaborators with syncing; customize your availability and have your colleagues' calendars update instantly. Mix and match your publish and subscribe actions to meet your needs.
• Change Tracking [NEW!]: Use change tracking to keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes (task by task or en masse) from your collaborators.
• Friendly Interface: We designed OmniPlan to help you spend your time on more worthy pursuits than trying to figure out how to use project management software. OmniPlan's intuitive approach helps you get things done and stays out of your way while doing so. OmniPlan has several customizable views starting from "simple creation" for basic planning options; when you're ready for more sophisticated functions, OmniPlan can be configured to meet your needs.
• Data-sharing options: OmniPlan can import XML, MPX, and MPP project files from Microsoft Project 2003 - 2010, as well as OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and CSV files. OmniPlan exports information to iCal, CSV, Microsoft Project (MPP), Microsoft Project Exchange (MPX), Microsoft Project (XML), HTML, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and a variety of image formats. You can create detailed HTML reports with OmniPlan, and use filtered criteria for customized printing and exporting options.
• Efficient resource allocation: With OmniPlan's resource management, you can identify bottlenecks in your project, track budgets, and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently.
• Visual timelines: The Timeline (or Gantt Chart) view of your project displays activities in a calendar. Durations for each task are shown graphically in a time-phased diagram by day, week, month, quarter, or year. The Gantt view shows task start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies (where a certain task can't begin unless another has finished) by dragging and connecting them in the Gantt view. OmniPlan's graphical display of your project's information helps you quickly assess status and proactively manage deadlines.
• Violations and critical paths: If your schedule has a logical impossibility – for example, the scheduled start date for a task occurs before the project start date – OmniPlan displays a violation window, with an explanation of the problem and suggestions of possible solutions (and links that automatically resolve the violation). In the Gantt view, OmniPlan displays your project's critical path, which is the series of tasks that are necessary in order for your project to finish on schedule. The critical path can change as you progress through your schedule; OmniPlan keeps you up to date so you can make informed decisions.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omniplan.
OmniPlan 2.4 is primarily focused on improving import and export of Microsoft Project MPP files and adding support for the Project 2013 file format. We’ve also updated the help documentation, fixed issues, and improved stability.
Recent Changes and Bug Fixes
• Added support for importing and exporting Microsoft Project 2013 files. Please let us know if you experience any issues!
• Reworked the user experience when importing a Microsoft Project document. The presentation of import issues and the interface to report them to us are much improved.
• The in-app help has been updated with an entirely new interface and new help content.
• Leveling delay is now expressed in terms of the project schedule.
• A huge number of improvements in the accuracy and reliability of handling Microsoft Project files. There are too many fixes to list, but some notable changes we’ve made include:
• MS Project files saved as an earlier version (MPP 2013 saved as a MPP 2010, for example) can now be imported.
• Accuracy of dates, efforts, durations, and costs has been improved.
• Resource types are appropriately mapped.
• MPT template files can now be imported as MPP files.
• Split tasks are now imported.
• Recurring tasks are now imported.
• Application performance on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite should now be comparable to what it is under Mavericks, 10.9.
• The list of installed licenses no longer scroll off of the licensing panel on Yosemite.
• All-day events and regular events are now published correctly.
• Fixed an issue where OmniPlan was not pasting data into columns correctly.
• Fixed a bug that caused task labels to become blurry on the Gantt view when you switch to another view and return.
• Fixed an issue where the constraint date could not be set when the application was set to Chinese localization.
• The Applescript panel in Publishing & Subscriptions is now localized.
• Fixed an issue that could cause scrolling to jump to the wrong position in the file.
• In some cases, leveling would hang when trying to schedule too much incomplete work for a limited work period.
• The pop-up calendar no longer disappears after a few clicks on Yosemite.
• Entering “T-” for task dates in backward from fixed end date projects will now work again.
• Fixed an issue where applying a filter to a publishing action would cause the file to not open.
• Fixed a bug where saving an untitled document as a template with the pre-populated file extension resulted in an unusable template.
• Fixed an issue where some WebDAV servers were not responding to our server/local project comparison query prior to publishing.
• Fixed an issue where some CalDAV servers would return a “Method not allowed” error when attempting to login.
• If start constraint is set before the Project Start Date, automatic scaling no longer creates wide Gantt charts.
• Row handles on groups in the Gantt chart no longer draw under the left task label.
• Your project’s “Display Time of Day” setting is now saved and restored correctly regardless of the project’s granularity.
• Fixed a crash in undetermined date mode when you use the up or down arrow keys in a date field.
• Fixed crash that occurred when attempting to print.
• Fixed crash that occurred entering malformed dates in projects with undetermined dates.
• Fixed a bug in our export of leveling delay to MPP that could crash the exporter on ALAP tasks.
• Fixed crash that occurred when a document window moved to another display while group shading was visible.
• Fixed crash that occurred when reverting to an old version of a document on Yosemite.
… and much more! For more release notes, please see our website.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by choosing "Send Feedback" from the Help menu, sending email to email@example.com, tweeting to @OmniPlan, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 5 days ago
- The Omni Group
- 20.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (45)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• OmniFocus 2
• OmniFocus 2
• OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
• OmniGraffle 2
• OmniGraffle 6
• OmniOutliner 2
• OmniOutliner Pro
• OmniPlan 2