Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
OmniOutliner Pro is the professional edition of OmniOutliner; a standard edition is also available with fewer advanced features at a lower price. (See below for a list of the features exclusive to Pro.)
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iPad with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
OmniOutliner Pro 4.0.2
• Rows can once again be moved up or down while being edited.
• Fixed a crash that would occur when reverting to a previous version of a file.
OmniOutliner Pro 4.0.1
• A tutorial section titled Working in OmniOutliner 4 has been added to the in-app help.
• A new Compact template has been added that is the same as the Blank template but with zero row and note padding.
• The unnecessary white background color on the Blank template has been removed. The typos in the name of the named styles of the Muted templates have been corrected. If you have made edits to any of these templates you will now have two copies of them, your edited version and the updated copy.
• The styling of the batch find search results has been update to be more visible.
• Editing of a column header can now be started with a single-click after the column is selected instead of a double-click.
• Tooltips for truncated rows have been disabled until they can be properly implemented. They were too easily reappearing or sticking around when they shouldn't be.
• Row numbering now shows in the content list.
• The button to toggle the visibility of the Styles section now has the proper mouse down state.
• When confirming editing of the name of a named style, that named style should now remain selected.
• It should no longer be possible to create a peer of the focused root which resulted in confusing states.
• When a new row is created while sorting is applied, it should always be visible.
• Sorting should now be properly updated when editing on a row has ended.
• Batch find results will no longer be updated unless the results are being displayed.
• When an outdent action on a row is undone, that row will now be properly visible instead of the parent being collapsed.
• When the indent children setting is changed, all rows should now properly redisplay in the correct position.
• Note background color should no longer be overridden by the row level background color.
• When the preference When adding a row, use siblings' style is on, pasting copied rows should now retain the proper styles.
• The aspect ratio of the recording bar button images has been corrected.
• Audio recording attachments should now always display at the correct size when the zoom scale changes.
• In the Word docx export, grayscale colorspace background values should now set a more appropriate highlight color.
• When inline image attachments are sized down to fit the column width, they will now also appear at this size in the HTML and HTML (Dynamic) exports.
• The visibility state of image attachments in the HTML and HTML (Dynamic) exports should now match the OmniOutliner document.
• Attachments with semicolons in the name should now get properly encoded links in the HTML and HTML (Dynamic) exports.
• Plain text and RTF exporters should now honor the visibility setting of the column headers.
• When a multi-column row is pasted after columns are rearranged, the column values should now appear in the correct locations.
• When rows are pasted to a different document, hidden columns in both the source and destination document will no longer be taken into consideration.
• The File > Save As Template option is now properly available when running the standard version of OmniOutliner.
• Some typos and errors in the help documentation have been corrected as well as a change to the width of the text to better accommodate smaller screen resolutions.
• Fixed a crash that could occur if an update, such as through OmniPresence, happened and the cursor was sitting in a number column.
• The Enter key should now properly end editing for inline notes.
• When notes are set to display in-pane, it should now be possible to bring back the note pane after dragging it all the way closed.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 06, 2014
- The Omni Group
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (51)
- 38.7 MB