Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
Mac OS Business
Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Integrated into OS X
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Sync connections using iCloud. Tightly integrated into Mavericks' and Yosemite's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go.
* Live Previews:
Connect to as many computers as you want. Monitor all sessions at once with Live Preview. Filter computers by keyword or connection details using live search.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Powered by one of the fastest VNC and RDP engines on the planet. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros with Retina display
* Built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a true RDP and VNC client. You don’t need to download additional software to connect to your machine if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
If you need help, visit http://support.jumpdesktop.com or email us at: email@example.com
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP and VNC
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support.
* RD Gateway support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP's printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* SSH support
* Desktop Scaling (Windows 10+)
* The fastest VNC engine on the planet!
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
Fixed in 6.0.3:
* Remote screen appeared very small under certain conditions.
* Automatic connections occasionally lose their settings after updating to Jump Desktop Connect on the remote computer.
* RDP's server side pointer movement requests were being ignored.
Fixed in 6.0.2:
* Cmd/Win key shortcuts were not sent properly to the remote computer.
* Duplicated legacy automatic connections were not upgraded properly when Jump Desktop Connect was installed on the remote system.
* Wake-after-sleep showed all automatic connection computers offline.
* Menu bar stopped working after dismissing the crash reporting dialog.
* Stability fixes.
Read the full release notes by clicking "Help" -> "Whats New". Here's the short version:
Automatic Connection Improvements
We've replaced the guts of automatic connections. It's now faster, more reliable and no longer requires a Google account - any email address will do.. You can still use your existing Google account with Jump Desktop. We've also fixed login problems and added support for Google's 2-factor authentication (bye bye app specific passwords)!
IMPORTANT: To take advantage of the following new features you must update the automatic setup component on your PC/Mac. Please do this as soon as possible as the older automatic setup components will no longer be supported and are replaced by the new "Jump Desktop Connect" app. To upgrade visit this page on the remote PC or Mac: https://jumpdesktop.com/go .
The new "Jump Desktop Connect" app does everything the old automatic setup component did and has these additional features:
* Truly unlimited number of computers per account.
* Doesn't require a Google account anymore. You can sign up and login using any old email address.
* You can now give multiple users access to the same computer.
* For Macs: A new retina menu icon and dark menu bar support.
* And also: Fluid Remote Desktop...
Fluid Remote Desktop
Fluid is a new, high performance way to connect to your machine. With Fluid you'll be able to watch movies, edit photos, design 3-D rocket engines, play first person shooters, and manage your servers remotely. It's free and comes bundled with Jump Desktop for Mac 6.0!
At the moment Fluid is still in beta and only available when connecting "TO" a Windows machine. Mac support is on the way. Learn more about Fluid Remote Desktop here: https://jumpdesktop.com/redir/fluidinfo
One of the most requested features! Now select any number of computers in any order and edit all their settings simultaneously. Try editing VNC and RDP computers together!
Reuse finely tuned settings when creating new connections: Templates let you quickly copy existing settings for a new connection. Templates are available when you create a new permanent or quick connection. You can make any connection a template by adding the tag "Template" to it. You can also set tags for new connections while adding the connection.
Filter Computers List
A new filter bar to help filter connections by status. Use ⌥⌘F to toggle the bar or the click filter icon in the top toolbar.
Improved Dock Menu
Jump Desktop's dock menu has computers grouped by their tags. You get a nice categorized menu of all your computers straight from the dock. Also computers in the menu are sorted according to the active sort criteria of the computers list in main window.
Windows 10 RDP and Retina Improvements
Windows 10 RDP adds support for automatic desktop scaling and Jump Desktop version 6.0 makes full use of it!. Windows 10 looks stunning on the Mac's Retina screen. To get started, edit your computer's settings in Jump Desktop, then click "Display" and select "Match current screen and use Retina resolution".
And there's more: Click Help -> Whats New to learn more.