Mac OS Business
Data Prepper lets you extract, reorder, and transform columns from a CSV file.
If you get file feeds from a vendor, or need to reformat data before inserting it into a spreadsheet, or need to extract only a few columns and rearrange them before inserting them in a database, then Data Prepper will come in handy.
Some useful features:
- Merge multiple files into one results file
- Rearrange columns in input files
- Include only a subset of columns
- Add empty columns
- Combine multiple files in to one output file
- Trim whitespace from all columns or selected columns
- Skip blank lines, numbered lines, or lines that contain a pattern
- Read and reformat dates, times, and numbers
- Powerful Regular Expressions can be used to match strings for replacement
- Settings for both a job of files, as well as individual input files
- Supports Tab-delimited, Pipe-delimited, and CSV files
- Preview your files before running the job
- Extensive logging showing any issues with the job
- Auto run a job by dragging and dropping files on to the app icon
Data Prepper can be used for many important tasks, such as:
- Off-the-grid data processing
- Making tables from data scraped from the internet
- Reformat dates, times, and numbers the way you prefer
- Combine files into one for importing into databases or other systems
... and much more!
If you're a professional who is deluged with data, and you need to make sense of it all, get Data Prepper and save some time!
- New Preview panel shows input file lines and a preview of what the output file lines will be. You can scan up and down through the whole file before running the job!
- Contents panel shows the top contents of the selected input file. See the raw data characters too!
- change settings for multiple input files at once!
- double-clicking an input file brings up the Preview panel instead of the Columns popover
- change the separator for CSV input and output files
- Previous Jobs window lets you change the Job name more easily
- Command-E closes popovers, Command-D is the shortcut for the Done button.
- maximum line length is now 16383
- better support for unicode characters, including emoji
- bug fixes
- Data Prepper now obtains column names from the first line of the file only. If you have a job where you need to skip the first line of an input file, you can add blank columns.
- The Columns popover has been re-organized to exclude columns and add blank columns more easily.
- The Lines section of the Job Settings has been removed. You can change these settings by selecting multiple input files at once and clicking one of the buttons under the Lines column in the input files table view.