iOS Universal Lifestyle
Join the thousands of people who use Universalis daily!
You will get:
• The Catholic liturgical calendar for every year (until the year 2300 and beyond!). You can choose from over 20 local calendars, for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and India, and most of the dioceses of the UK.
• The About Today page gives you information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• The Readings at Mass page gives you the readings, psalms, prayers and antiphons for the day’s Mass. The readings are the Jerusalem Bible version with the Grail psalms, except for the USA and the Philippines, where they are from the New American Bible.
• The Liturgy of the Hours pages give you Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings. The scripture readings are from the Jerusalem Bible and the psalms are the Grail psalms.
• The unique Mass Today page gives you the Order of Mass and the prayers, readings and so on, all merged into one single sequence, so that you can follow Mass; or even celebrate it if you can find a discreet place to put the iPad on your altar.
• If you have iOS 8 or above, you can see the saint of the day on your Today screen.
• If you have an Apple Watch, you can see the week’s calendar and Mass readings; and a Glance is available to show you today’s feast.
• If you are blind, turn on VoiceOver and press the Information button in the toolbar at the top of the screen to get full instructions.
Everything is permanently built in to the Universalis app. You do not need an Internet connection.
You can choose between turning pages like a book or scrolling like a web page.
You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones if you can’t see well) and you can turn on a night mode for reading in the dark.
You can tell Universalis to alert you each day when it is time to recite an Hour.
You can also set up an email service to send you selected pages automatically each day.
As always, if you want full instructions, open Universalis and shake your device. Side to side works best. (If you are using VoiceOver to read the screen to you, then instead of shaking, use the Information button at the top of the screen).
For full details of the translations used, visit www.universalis.com. If you want to see more before you decide to buy Universalis, download the free Catholic Calendar application. It gives you a month’s free trial of Universalis content and lets you buy it for one month at a time if that is what you prefer to do.
We have improved the way Universalis works with VoiceOver. If you are blind, press the Information button in the Universalis toolbar at the top of the screen to get help and tips on using Universalis with VoiceOver.
For the Irish calendar, we have incorporated the new Mass readings for the feast of St Brigid on 1 February.