iOS Universal Lifestyle
Join the thousands of people who use Universalis daily!
You will get:
• The Catholic liturgical calendar for every year (until the year 2300 and beyond!). You can choose from over 20 local calendars, for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, India and Singapore, and most of the dioceses of the UK.
• The About Today page gives you information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• The Readings at Mass page gives you the readings, psalms, prayers and antiphons for the day’s Mass. The readings are the Jerusalem Bible version with the Grail psalms, except for the USA and the Philippines, where they are from the New American Bible.
• The Liturgy of the Hours pages give you Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings. The scripture readings are from the Jerusalem Bible and the psalms are the Grail psalms.
• You can set an alarm to remind you when it's time for each Hour. You can also set alarms for the Angelus.
• Music: you can listen to the Salve Regina and the other Marian anthems at the end of Night Prayer, and an in-app purchase will give you the whole of Sung Compline in Latin, from the Schola Cantorum of the London Oratory School.
• The unique Mass Today page gives you the Order of Mass and the prayers, readings and so on, all merged into one single sequence, so that you can follow Mass; or even celebrate it if you can find a discreet place to put the iPad on your altar.
• You can have a second language for the Order of Mass, in parallel with English: the options include Latin, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Polish, Malayalam and Yoruba.
• You can see the saint of the day in a widget on your Today screen.
• If you have an Apple Watch, you can see the week’s calendar and Mass readings; and a Glance is available to show you today’s feast.
• You can choose between turning pages like a book or scrolling like a web page. You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones for the partially sighted) and you can turn on a night mode for reading in the dark.
• If you are blind, turn on VoiceOver and press the Information button in the toolbar at the top of the screen to get full instructions.
Everything is permanently built in to the Universalis app. You do not need an Internet connection.
You can also set up an email service to send you selected pages automatically each day.
As always, if you want full instructions, open Universalis and shake your device. Side to side works best. (If you are using VoiceOver to read the screen to you, then instead of shaking, use the Information button at the top of the screen).
For full details of the translations used, visit www.universalis.com. If you want to see more before you decide to buy Universalis, download the free Catholic Calendar application. It gives you a month’s free trial of Universalis content.
Minor corrections and calendar updates.