The Uprising Australia
iOS Universal Lifestyle
Suicide is the biggest killer of young Australians and accounts for the deaths of more young people than car accidents! Everyone knows that mental illness in our young people is a growing issue, however not everyone knows how to help. The youth of our community want help, however a lot of them are unsure how to reach out, or who to reach out to. However you can help turns these stats around!
The Uprising is an organisation that runs school tours, training and events that brings young people together from all across our region to bring hope to those feeling hopeless, and to not only encourage them that help is out there, but give them the numbers to call, the people to talk to, and a way to move forward. We highlight local support networks available in the youth's schools and local community.
However we all know that if we want to connect with young people we need to do it in a way they can relate to. So each year we ask famous sportsperson's to come along to our events and share how they got to where they are, as well as lots of other entertainment including live bands, hip hop artists, illusionists and fireworks. Some of our amazing guests have included Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos Captain & QLD Maroons), Zack Smith (Geelong Cats), Samu Kerevi (Australian Wallabies), Jack Reed (Brisbane Broncos & NRL Allstar, Andino (Illusionist) & Myshon Kyd (Hip Hop Artist.
This schools tour's, events. training and even this app are all COMPLETELY FREE of charge to the youth, and the schools. We do not want their to be any barriers stopping youth from getting the help they desperately need. But in order to do this we need to raise the money required. The speakers, the entertainment, the set up, the schools tour, it all costs money! But we believe in our young people, and we believe in our community, We would love for you to partner with us to help support our young people, by helping us raise the much needed funds to put this information in their hands.
* Podcast: Listen to the latest sermon or lookup a previous one in the podcast library.
* Digital Bible: Enter in the passage you want or use quick keys to go directly to the passage you desire to read.
* Free Audio Bible: Click listen and you are instantly listening to the daily devotional plan. You can also look up any passage you want, the listen tab is in the bottom right hand corner at all times.
Share content with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, or email.
* Facebook: You can share a Bible passage, journal entry or anything in the app with one click.
* Twitter: You can tweet a Bible passage, reading plan, journal entry or just a note with easy.
* Daily Bible Reading Plan: The Pursue Bible reading plan takes you through the Old Testament once a year and through the New Testament twice a year. Average reading or listening time is 15 minutes a day.
* Free Customizable Journal: The Pursue Journal is designed to give you the freedom to journal whenever and however you desire. Entries are fully secure for your privacy, yet at any time you can share them via Facebook, twitter or email.
* Cloud Based Journal: Your Pursue Journal is accessible online anytime at www.PursueJournal.com. This allows you to be able to add entries anywhere, anytime and they are automatically linked to your The Uprising app.
WiFi Internet is required for iPod touch.
For more information about The Uprising, please visit:
For more information about Pursue Journal, please visit: http://www.pursuegod.com
The The Uprising app was created by “Custom Church Apps TM”