"More than those who hate you, more than all your enemies, an undisciplined mind does greater harm."
Buddha meets Benjamin Franklin. Noble Paths is a unique, fusion app incorporating Buddha's Noble Eightfold Paths with Ben Franklin's now famous, simple and time-proven method of daily tracking to enhance awareness and personal growth.
Noble Paths applies the same practical, methodical approach that Ben used to train his mind and refine his character through the exclusive focus upon one virtue for one week, "leaving all others to chance." (See iTunes App store "Virtues" App.)
With Noble Paths, the very same technique is successfully applied to incorporate each of the Buddhist Noble Eightfold Paths into your life. Each "Right" Path is, of course, experiential, resulting in a gradual path toward self-improvement. One can not rush character improvement; as Buddha stated, "Little by little we make ourselves good as a bucket filled with water, drop by drop."
Noble Paths aligns with the chief intent of the Noble Eightfold Paths, establishing a mechanism to enhance our presence and, with such awareness, track our progress daily as we live in accordance with with each "Right" Path.
One can only learn via experience and new opportunities arrive at our door every day. It is up to us to recognize these lessons and learn for ourselves. Others may share with us — but even the most wise can only open the door, we must enter ourselves. Hence, it becomes our duty and requires our constant vigilance to enhance our awareness and openness to each moment.
Noble Paths the app is a powerful tool that can willfully assist you in your quest for supreme presence.
Noble Paths can help us all to recognize that it is ultimately each of these moments that will shape our destiny.
The surest way to enlightenment is via the Noble Eightfold Paths. This elegant app is a welcome addition for anyone interested in personal development.
The Noble Eightfold Path:
• Right View
• Right Intention
• Right Speech
• Right Action
• Right Livelihood
• Right Effort
• Right Mindfulness
• Right Concentration
Not sure which Path to focus on? Let the Universe decide for you with the unique "Select Random" feature.
With Noble Paths 1.0, you can enhance your daily experiences through practical and experiential mindfulness.
• Select and active any of the Eight Paths
• Establish target scores for your active focus period.
• Use the "Select Random" to let the Universe decide for you
• Activate more than one Path for a period (not recommended at the beginning!)
• Customize your focus period -- whether one day, one week, one month or custom
• Score yourself incrementally (by half Buddha points)
• Chart your progress against your goal target.
• Revisit historical progress through charting
• Activate an iPhone Badge reminder to make sure you keep your commitment to daily scoring/tracking.
• Enhance your mindfulness habit by having the Noble Eightfold Paths with you all the time
• And much more!
"...The Noble Eightfold Path is one of the principal teachings of the Buddha, who described it as the way leading to the cessation of suffering (dukkha) and the achievement of self-awakening. It is used in Buddhist practice as a technique to develop insight into the true nature of phenomena (or reality) and to eradicate greed, hatred, and delusion."
- Wikipedia, 2009
Keywords: Noble Paths, Enlightenment, Nirvana, Buddha, Buddhism, Self Improvement, Mind Training, Well-Being, Personal Development, Character Development, Habits, Self Discovery
Compatible with 4.2
About Text correction
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 14, 2011
- Equilibrium Enterprises, Inc
- 1.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (71)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Brian Tracy's, Eat That Frog!
• Bucket List PRO
• Bucket List Pro 2.0, (Resolutions & Goals) Track & Achieve Your Life's Goals & New Year's Resolutions
• The Habit Factor® LITE: Habits & Goals Tracker: Set Goals, Align Habits to Reach Your Goals, Achieve New Year's Resolutions
• The Habit Factor®, Habits & Goals Tracker: Set Goals, Align Habits to Reach Your Goals, Achieve New Year's Resolutions