iOS iPhone Lifestyle
Founded by Emmy-winning producer Kevin Wall, in partnership with former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, Live Earth was built upon the belief that entertainment has the power to transcend social and cultural barriers to move the world community to action. A for-profit company, Live Earth seeks to leverage the power of entertainment through integrated events, media, and the live experience to ignite a global movement aimed at solving the most critical environmental issues of our time.
- In partnership with corporations, non-governmental Organizations (NGOs), and entertainment and political influencers, Live Earth creates innovative, engaging events and media that challenge global leaders, local communities and every individual to actively participate in solving our planet's urgent environmental crises.
- And it all started with a concert heard – and seen – 'round the world! On 07.07.07, Live Earth created unprecedented global awareness for the climate crisis, when it produced "Live Earth: the Concerts for a Climate in Crisis" -- the "Most Watched Online Entertainment Event Ever." The concerts were hosted on seven continents, broadcast in 132 countries, and inspired 2 billion people worldwide to engage with the issues and the solutions surrounding the global climate crisis.
- Live Earth continues engaging and growing its worldwide community through the Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook, the Live Earth Film Series, and ongoing online, print, email and mobile campaigns, while also developing key global initiatives for 2008, 2009, and beyond.
- The Dow Live Earth Run for Water on April 18, 2010 is a series of 6 km run/walks (the average distance many women and children walk every day to secure water) taking place over the course of 24 hours in countries around the world, featuring concerts and water education activities aimed at igniting a tipping point to help solve the water crisis.
This app has been updated with:
- Optimized Design with new Themes and Colors
- Bug Fixes for known issues
- Optimizations to boost performance
- App Supported on iOS 9.0+ devices (iOS 8.x and prior devices no longer supported)