Finally an end to the long and tedious search for the right plants. With just a few touches of the screen, you can find the perfectly suited plants for your home and garden, from an assortment more than 900 well-documented plants with more than 3600 pictures.
Maybe you'd like a blue and white bed of flowers in a favorite area of your garden, which gets only partial sunshine? iGarten will compile a list of suitable selections for you, which you can conveniently view either as a plant list, a flowering-calendar or a slide show. And when you have completed your gardening, you can relax and view the plant impression slide show to your favorite music alongside your freshly planted garden patch.
Professional gardeners and landscape architects can utilize iGarten to design gardens with clients and to show them pictures of selected plants on location. Students will also enjoy the various and appealing possibilities to improve and test their plant knowledge while at home, at school or on the go.
Profiles of more than 900 plants, including the following information:
- English and scientific plant names
- plant family
- growth habit
- colours of flowers
- ornamental value of fruits
- foliage, e.g. leaf form, evergreen / deciduous
- location factors, such as light and soil conditions and natural habitat
- native range
Plant search by entering the name of the plant or a fragment thereof (English or scientific name)
Plant display with over 3600 pictures in high photographic quality, suitable for full screen mode on iPad
Plant selection according to individual criteria, to be combined as desired:
- plant group
- indoor / outdoor
- desired height
- colours of flowers (two can be selected simultaneously for desired color combination)
- evergreen / deciduous
- soil moisture level
- pH soil level
- desired flowering times
- native range
- By means of the "Favourites" option, a user-determined plant list can be generated.
- Suitable sites for perennials
iGarten generates a plant selection, based on the chosen criteria from the list above. This selection can be viewed as a plant list (including complete plant profile), slide show, flowering-calendar or gallery list. It can also be placed into the flash card box for learning purposes.
The flowering-calendar presents a clear overview of colors and flowering times, which is an additional help in the selection and combination of your garden plants.
Identification of garden plants based on various visible criteria
Practice option for students of landscape gardening, landscape architecture and facility maintenance, according to training level, plant group, use criteria, etc. (Training level lists are based on the curriculum of the Association of Swiss Gardeners, Jardin Suisse.)
- There are countless selection possibilities for learning and practicing purposes, e.g. all perennials from first training year, only ornamental grasses, etc. Or by means of the "favourites" option, the specific plants from the preceding school day can be chosen.
- The current plant selection is exported into the virtual flash card box.
- Each flash card depicts one plant, with numerous pictures per plant.
- For exact viewing, all pictures can be retrieved in full screen modus.
- With a touch of the screen, the flash card is turned to display the correct answer, with common and scientific names.
- The user determines if his or her answer was correct or false and places the card in the corresponding box for further practice.
The complete iGarten plant list, which will be expanded periodically, can be viewed on the iGarten website.
The slide show option shows impressions of beautiful plants or of your own selection of plants and can be accompanied by music of your choosing.
The plant data of iGarten is based on a warm temperate climate zone in the northern hemisphere. However, regional variations are possible.
• Creating collections – my garden, - to learn, - red flowers....
• 100 new plants
• Plant hardiness zone (Europe/USDA)
• Planting distance (perennial)
• Optimized for iOS 6 / iPhone 5
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 06, 2012
- Andreas Garzotto GmbH
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (2)
- 336.4 MB