Henri Russeau HD
iOS Universal Lifestyle
**** Download the app and enjoy 80+ great works by Henri Rousseau *****
Henri Julien Félix Rousseau (May 21, 1844 – September 2, 1910) was a French Post-Impressionist painter in the Naïve or Primitive manner. He was also known as Le Douanier (the customs officer), a humorous description of his occupation as a toll collector. Ridiculed during his life, he came to be recognized as a self-taught genius whose works are of high artistic quality.
His best known paintings depict jungle scenes, even though he never left France or saw a jungle. Stories spread by admirers that his army service included the French expeditionary force to Mexico are unfounded. His inspiration came from illustrated books and the botanical gardens in Paris, as well as tableaux of taxidermied wild animals.
Rousseau's work exerted an extensive influence…. on several generations of vanguard artists, starting with great Pablo Picasso, Jean Hugo, Leger, Beckmann, Michel Ocelot, and many more in future.
- iOS 5.0 compatible
- Detailed Information on paintings like Painting name, size, type, location of Paintings etc.
- Universal app - runs on iPad/iPhone/iPod touch
- Auto Play feature, which will automatically play slide show of paintings.
- Film strip is there to select paintings and start auto play from that painting.
- You can play/stop your favorite music from your iPod library, while viewing paintings.
- Share paintings to your friends and family via FaceBook & Email.
- Use Swipe to move next / previous paintings
- Use Pinch to zoom in/out