iOS Universal Lifestyle
• The Catholic liturgical calendar for every year (until the year 2300 and beyond!). You can choose from over 20 local calendars, for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and India, and most of the dioceses of the UK.
• Each day, the About Today page gives you information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• You can see the saint of the day in a widget on your Today screen.
• If you have an Apple Watch, you can see the week’s calendar and Mass readings; and a Glance is available to show you today’s feast.
• If you are blind, turn on VoiceOver and press the Information button in the toolbar at the top of the screen to get full instructions.
• Music: you can listen to the Salve Regina and the other Marian anthems at the end of Night Prayer, and an in-app purchase will give you the whole of Sung Compline in Latin, from the Schola Cantorum of the London Oratory School.
• All the above features do not require an Internet connection.
• If you have an Internet connection, you can see the Liturgy of the Hours (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings) for yesterday, today and tomorrow, and also the readings for Mass (using the Jerusalem Bible translation and the Grail psalms).
As always, if you want full instructions, open Universalis and shake your device. Side to side works best. (If you are using VoiceOver to read the screen to you, then instead of shaking, use the Information button at the top of the screen).
• You can choose between turning pages like a book or scrolling like a web page. You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones for the partially sighted) and you can turn on a night mode for reading in the dark.
UNIVERSALIS PREMIUM CONTENT
You can choose to add to these features by purchasing Universalis premium content. Universalis premium content gives you:
• No limit on the dates viewable for the Liturgy of the Hours and Mass.
• No need to connect to the Internet.
• For the USA and the Philippines, the New American Bible translation of the readings and psalms at Mass.
• In the Office of Readings, the two-year cycle of First Readings as an optional alternative to the one-year cycle of the printed books.
You buy Universalis premium content one month at a time, and we give you a month’s free trial right at the beginning, so that you can decide if it is something you want.
We have added the Angelus.
We have added the Office for the Dead. Open the calendar page and tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen. Mass for the Dead is there as well.
It's now easier to move around the Sung Compline music at Night Prayer. While the music is playing, just hold down the "Skip Forward" button.