iOS Universal Lifestyle
• Liturgical calendar for every year (until the year 2300 and beyond!).
• Each day, the About Today page gives you information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• You can choose from over 20 local calendars, for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and India, and most of the dioceses of the UK.
• If you have iOS 8 or above, you can see the saint of the day on your Today screen.
• If you have an Apple Watch, you can see the week’s calendar and Mass readings; and a Glance is available to show you today’s feast.
• If you are blind, turn on VoiceOver and press the Information button in the toolbar at the top of the screen to get full instructions.
• All the above features do not require an Internet connection.
• If you have an Internet connection, you can see the Liturgy of the Hours (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings) for yesterday, today and tomorrow, and also the readings for Mass (using the Jerusalem Bible translation and the Grail psalms).
As always, if you want full instructions, open Universalis and shake your device. Side to side works best. (If you are using VoiceOver to read the screen to you, then instead of shaking, use the Information button at the top of the screen).
• You can choose between turning pages like a book or scrolling like a web page. You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones for the partially sighted) and you can turn on a night mode for reading in the dark.
UNIVERSALIS PREMIUM CONTENT
You can choose to add to these features by purchasing Universalis premium content. Universalis premium content gives you:
• No limit on the dates viewable for the Liturgy of the Hours and Mass.
• No need to connect to the Internet.
• For the USA and the Philippines, the New American Bible translation of the readings and psalms at Mass.
You buy Universalis premium content one month at a time, and we give you a month’s free trial right at the beginning, so that you can decide if it is something you want.
We have corrected a bug which affected iOS 7 users only. It stopped them from viewing pages after the premium content trial period ran out.