Bandsaw Basics from Fine Woodworking
Want to get the most from your bandsaw? Then this is your essential app for learning all about bandsaw safety, correct setup, and proper cutting techniques through videos and interactive features from the experts at Fine Woodworking. Includes a handy safe-start checklist for quick and easy checking before starting work.
With setup so critical, five detailed steps show you precisely how to get it right. Master the ins and outs of a variety of cutting, resawing, and ripping techniques that come to life in videos and interactive demonstrations. Get insider information when acclaimed furniture maker Michael Fortune shares his trade secrets for using bandsaws.
With this conveniently portable app, you'll know exactly how to setup and get the most from any bandsaw you are using.
- Safety checklist with safe-start feature
- 5-step setup guide for any bandsaw
- The right blade for the task
- How to fold a bandsaw blade for storage
- Smooth curves of all sizes
- Set-up and technique for flawless re-sawing.
- Tall shop-made fence for re-sawing and ripping.
- Shop-made jig for circles
- Shop-made jig for tapers
- Jig for wedges
- A wealth of tips and techniques from Michael Fortune, one of Canada's most acclaimed contemporary furniture masters
And to continue advancing your skills, check out our apps "Tablesaw Basics from Fine Woodworking" and "Router Basics from Fine Woodworking."
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 30, 2011
- Taunton Interactive
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (2)
- 185.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Brownie Recipe Maker from Fine Cooking
• Christmas Menu Maker from Fine Cooking
• Drywall: Patching, Taping, and Sanding
• Fine Cooking
• Fine Cooking: CookFresh
• Fine Cooking: Cooking for the Holidays
• Fine Gardening
• Fine Homebuilding
• Fine Woodworking
• Ice Cream Recipe Maker from Fine Cooking
• Ice Pops Recipe Maker from Fine Cooking
• Recipes from Harvest to Heat
• Roofing Calc from Fine Homebuilding
• Router Basics from Fine Woodworking
• Tablesaw Basics from Fine Woodworking
• Thanksgiving Menu Maker from Fine Cooking
• Threads Magazine
• Tomato Match from Fine Gardening