T'ai Chi Chih
iOS Universal Healthcare & Fitness
• Are you ready for a change? •
T'ai Chi Chih is a series of 19 movements and one pose that activates, balances and circulates Chi. The movements are easy to learn, easy on the body and bring great benefits.
Joy Thru Movement with originator Justin Stone is recommended for:
- Heightened Energy
- Serenity & Health
- Improved Balance & Flexibility
- Weight & Blood Pressure Control
- An Expansion of Creativity and Awareness
Circulating and balancing Chi is the great secret of life. And the gentle movements of T'ai Chi Chih, a meditation with far-reaching benefits, work with Chi. As the originator Justin Stone says, “T’ai Chi Chih becomes a Way of life. … We do not all see the same world, which is a reflection of ourselves. With the accumulation of CHI (Vital Force) through T’ai Chi Chih practice, permanent changes in the metabolism and the thinking process take place, and the renewed energy conditions the whole way of life. Just as the thought conditions the Vital Force, so does the flow of this CHI, this Intrinsic Energy, condition the way of thinking. As these changes occur, we get in touch with ourselves, and the world we see begins to change. Joy becomes our natural heritage.”
Justin Stone continues, “Softness and continuity are the Essence of T’ai Chi Chih. It is the soft water that wears away the hard rock; the tongue outlasts the teeth. Hardness and confrontation are brittle and destructive; softness and a gentle manner of thinking are life-enriching.”
• The app consists of time-lapsed photography of the originator, Justin Stone, performing of all the movements. As well as links to some movements on YouTube.
• Important points about moving correctly are called out and special essays discuss balancing yin and yang, the Tao, the great circle meditation, serenity, studying with a teacher, function and essence, the power of Chi circulation, body posture, and more.
• About the Author •
A former T’ai Chi Ch’uan teacher, Justin Stone originated T’AI CHI CHIH® (“knowledge of the supreme ultimate”) so that everyone could easily learn and gain benefits from the simple movements. First taught in 1974, there are thousands of accredited teachers throughout the world. For a list of teachers in your area, consult www.taichichih.org.
• About Sutro Media •
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of new content and software improvements!