iOS iPhone Healthcare & Fitness
“Should I call the doctor if I’ve had a sore throat for three days?” “What should I do when my child has flu symptoms?” These are questions that all of us have. Health problems can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, when you’re traveling or when your doctor’s office is closed.
SymptomMD is designed especially for these times. The care guides help you make appropriate decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide symptom relief for minor illnesses and injuries you can manage on your own.
SymptomMD is derived from the clinical protocols used by physicians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice lines in the US and Canada. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
Easy 3-step navigation:
1.Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide
2.Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action
3.Follow the self care advice to manage minor illnesses & injuries at home
Quick location of the care guide that best matches your symptom by using age & gender filters, alphabetical index, body area index, or keyword search.
Each symptom care guide contains:
* Definition which describes the focus of the care guide so you can decide if it’s a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related care guides.
* Decision Chart which helps determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Doctor Now, Call Doctor within 24 Hours or Self Care at Home.
* Immediate Connections to 911, your doctor, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department are available if you have phone service.
* Home Care Advice is available for any illnesses and injuries that can be managed at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
* Medication and Allergy List for tracking important information about your family’s prescriptions and/or over the counter medications.
* Drug dosage tables for common over-the-counter medications.
* Visual images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings.
* First Aid topics and illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Before using SymptomMD, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application.
*Updated 'tap to enlarge' image feature