MOVATOR - each motion counts!
➤ Follow up your daily activity level – with a little help from your iPhone!
➤ Walking, sitting, running, swimming… your iPhone will detect what you are just doing!
➤ Most advanced technologies from Fraunhofer Institute have been implemented.
➤ What is MOVATOR and to whom does it belong?
• MOVATOR is an iPhone-App, that detects your habits in terms of overall activity levels and the particular activity profile per day. All you need is an iPhone carried around with you in your pocket.
• MOVATOR is recording all your moves, detects kind and duration and calculates your calories consumption caused by these activities.
• MOVATOR is for the athletic and non-athletic, for office-workers and spare time joggers; and for all who wish to become more active anyway. Allow to be supported by your very personal MO(ti)VATOR!
➤ Which activities will be detected?
• Currently Movator is rather good in detecting walking, jogging, running, biking and swimming. But nevertheless, less power consuming activities like working in an office will be noticed. All these activities will be detected and separated from the passive phases. Movator also detects when you are driving car or when you are sitting in a bus.
➤ How is this possible?
• MOVATOR is based on a brand new technology and results of most modern scientific research done by the Fraunhofer Institute (Inventor of MP3 and h.264 compression technologies). Highly specialized, mathematical algorithms allow to read out the motion-sensors data stream and recognize specific patterns that belong to specific movements and activities.
➤ Hassle free…
• All these complex mathematical calculations are completely hidden and working for you in the background. You have not to worry about anything!Just launch the app and tab the REC button - done! You iPhone will record your moves.
➤ IOS and MOVATOR
• iOS currently comes along with some restrictions. One of these restrictions forces Movator to operate in foreground to access and enable the motion sensor's datastream. Nevertheless you can control your iPod player via the task bar without interrupting Movator recording. When another App is launched, Movator's recording will be interrupted (unfortunately, but we work on it…). When coming back to Movator again, the recording will immediately be continued.
➤ Your personal activity profile – inspect it anytime
• In the evening or at any other time you can watch the clear and meaningful graphics to get an idea about your level of activity during the day, active phase with more corporal efforts and passive phases with less or non corporal efforts. This way you will easily discover power consuming activities and the final durations during the day. Additionally Movator allows you to edit and add activities, starting times and duration manually.
• Detection and analysis of seven different motion patterns: walking, jogging, running, biking, swimming, light work (office), and driving
• Calculation and display of the calorie consumption for each motion, plus total calorie consumption based on weight and age
• Set a personal goal for calorie consumption and view the graphical indicator to see how much has been done
• Charts for the complete day showing all activity, split into active and passive phases
• Charts to inspect activities by duration and by calorie consumption
• Timeline chart showing a complete activity profile of the day, week, or month
• Manual input and edit option for activities
• Integrated database with about 60 of the most common daily activities
• Convenient calendar feature to add and review historical entries
• Add-on available to upload the user's activity data to the Calories 2 sync server and import to Calories 2 software for further processing (in App purchase)
iOS 4.3 compatibility
New lock screen while recording
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 25, 2013
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (3)
- 2.0 MB