This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Healthcare & Fitness
Here is a great meditation tool for both beginning and advanced meditators alike. Over 20 different guided meditations and talks by Erich Schiffmann, recorded live, full of shakti and in-the-moment wisdom!!! Each meditation has the ability for you to specify exactly how many minutes you want it to last. Meditation has been clinically proven to reduce stress, tension and lower the heart rate, leading to improved physical and mental health, calmness and peace-of-mind.
Most meditators face the problem of how to know when to stop meditating: this usually means opening your eyes and looking at a clock, or if you have an alarm, turning off the annoying buzzer when the time is up. In either case, your meditation has been interrupted and spoiled. With iMeditateWithErich, you are guided into and out of the meditation - and you can specify how long you want the silence in the middle to be!
Erich Schiffmann has gained international recognition for his unique approach to yoga and meditation. His teaching conveys a complete experience of yoga, what he calls “the art of living.” His emphasis is that of "moving into stillness" in order to be "guided from within," and he uses meditation, asana, pranayama, deep relaxation and discussion to elicit this experience. Erich taught yoga at the Krishnamurti School in England for five years, has studied yoga in India and Europe, and now lives in Santa Monica, CA, where he teaches local classes, workshops, teacher trainings and retreats. He is the author of YOGA: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness.
iMeditateWithErich features include:
- simply tap the "*" button to choose the meditation and how long it lasts
- 20 different guided meditations and talks, all with a variable length timer
- meditate from 1 to 60 minutes
- no buzzer to turn off
- no need to look at a clock
- works in "sleep" and "locked" modes also
- always Erich's voice guides you in & out, or the sound of his singing-bowl
- volume control slider
- play, pause and stop buttons
- slider to select spot in meditation to play from
- 20 different photos of Erich, one per meditation
- use of the speaker or earbuds supported
- "airplane mode" completely avoids interruptions sending messages to voicemail
- incoming calls can be alerted according to the ring/silent switch
- latest settings (Meditation & Duration) are saved between sessions
- fixed iOS 7.0+ issue: the timer did not work when the device was sleeping or locked
- fixed problem where the "About Erich" panel was not being displayed
- added a panel for "Instructions" on how to use the app
- added a screen for "Links" to websites of Erich's choice
- when tapping on a "Link", the app navigates to the actual website
- supports versions of iOS 6.1 and above
- volume control connects to the device master volume control & vica versa
- "About Erich" and "Instructions" panels can be dismissed via swipe down
- updated look & feel for when running on iOS 7.0+
- the initial "launch image" uses a nice rendering of Erich
- improved the presentation of Erich's photos in the center of the "player" screen
- changed the "radio waves" above Erich's head in the icon to rainbow colors
- changed the button for "Settings" from "i" to "*"
- changed the standard rendering of the "pickers" in the Settings screen for iOS 7.0+
- deleted "(advanced)" from the "Bell only" meditation selection