FartlekDrill - Speed Play Interval Training
Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish, is a form of interval training that uses the body's energy systems at different intensities and time periods, varying and alternating frequently. This puts the body’s energy systems under acyclic stress, better mimicking sports specific energy demands.
With the FartlekDrill App you can train in several modes making each Fartlek drill different. You can either quickly select a drill based on an intensity level and sport or customize the drill in detail to better suit your training needs.
The Fartlek App has a “random” mode, in which the engine generates the number of stages, intensities and times based on a sport or your own time distribution (percentages) scheme, and a given intensity.
You can also configure manually each stage’s intensity and time period. You can combine random and manual effects, making this App fairly versatile to adapt to your needs.
Using the In-App Upgrades you can upgrade the App to include the Sports Zoning Module. This module allows you to configure a time distribution scheme, save it as a sport and use it in any Fartlek Drill as you use the default sports.
Also, with the In-App you can add the features of our popular AeroRadar App to help you plan and set your training objectives.
• Several standard drill versions.
• Quick drill setup.
• Random and structured drill modes.
• Up to 200 allowable stages.
• Select stage intensity from up to four primary training zones (or paces).
• Five standard time levels to distribute the total drill time: Beginner to Pro.
• Set your own time distribution scheme.
• Use the Detailed Setup to customize most drill parameters.
• Save your customized drills.
• Help available for user input parameters.
• Running distance when GPS is available.
• Sync to iCloud (IOS 6.0+) the databases and share with other devices and our sports Apps.
• Saves data of multiple users.
• Supports portrait and landscape screen orientation on the "Run Screen".
• Can lock the screen orientation before running.
• Listen & control music or audio books while running.
• Quick access and control of the iPod’s music, select songs, playlists, audiobooks, etc.
• Detailed drill information with table of contents.
• Male or female voice guidance.
• Several types of announcements.
• Export the user data by e-mail, in sqlite3, XML and CSV formats.
• Select metric or US units.
• Utilities to facilitate registering each user to our Member Center and reporting problems.
For more information about the body's energy systems and aerobic and anaerobic fitness, maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max), training concepts and other useful information, please visit the pages in our "Support" section of our Website.
New look, new feel, more powerful engine.
Easier drill configuration.
Quick drill setup.
In-App purchase upgrade to the Sports Zoning module.
Fixed distance tracking issues.
Other minor fixes and enhancements.
Fixed a bug that caused App crashes when changing the total drill time in the "Detailed Setup" screen.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 08, 2013
- Healthcare & Fitness
- gluonBoson Applications, LLC
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 5.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AeroExaminer - Aerobic Capacity Testing & Training
• AeroRadar - Training Parameters & Race Performance Estimation
• AeroTrainerPlus - Sports Trainer & Aerobic Conditioning
• PulseDrill - Interval Training
• PulseLite - Interval Training
• gWallet – Your Electronic Wallet
• gWalletLite – Your Electronic Wallet
• qFartlekDrill - Quick Speed Play Interval Training