***iOS 7 GPS Tracking Update***
Many applications are experiencing GPS issues with iOS7. Within Settings, there is a new feature called, "Background App Refresh". This must be enabled for an app to continue to run while in the background. To ensure your GPS works properly go to Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh, and move the switch next to the Couch to 5k app to the on position.
For additional support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com. We would love to hear from you.
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
"The popular Couch-to-5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon."
—Runners World, June 2012
"It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things."
—Engadget, June 2012
Get off the couch with the OFFICIAL Couch-to-5K® training app from Active.com! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race!
• Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
• Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 3G, 3GS, or iPhone 4 and iOS 4.0 or greater)
• Log your workouts, share your progress on Facebook and get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
• Repeat workouts and track your best performance
• Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
• Track your progress with total distance and average pace
• Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
"Active.com’s Couch-to-5K is one of my favorite couch-to-5K apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time."
—148Apps, October 2011
"I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch-to-5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that."
—CalorieLab, April 2012
"If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch-to-5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years."
—Droid Life, April 2012
THIS APP AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY IT OR THE ACTIVE NETWORK LLC ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY FITNESS PROGRAM. IN PARTICULAR, THE ACTIVITIES AND EXERCISES DESCRIBED IN TRAINING PROGRAMS AND ARTICLES ON ACTIVE CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A LICENSED PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED IN THE APPLICATION.
** Updated Terms and Conditions to reflect corporate name change.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 27, 2014
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Active Network, LLC
- 39.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (694)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1738)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 13.one - Half Marathon
• ACTIVE Hunt & Fish
• ACTIVE Pay
• Meet Mobile
• Recreation.gov Camping - Find available campsites
• ReserveAmerica Camping - Find available campsites