Run 10k - interval training coach + stretch program
Run 10km (6.2 miles) with this simple series of interval workouts designed to gradually build your endurance. The Run 10k app is perfect for beginner runners and former runners who want to start running again. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
COMING FROM RUN 5K?
If you’ve completed our Run 5k app, start on Week 4 or 5 of our Run 10k app. If you’re a couch potato, start from Week 1.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated, spoken stretching programs.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Featuring the voices of Agnes, Kasten, and Lucius.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 13-week training program for beginners.
• Each workout ranges from 40 to 76 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• Tapers in the last week for your 10k race.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are skippable.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every mile or km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace and distance.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 10k in the list. Tap on Run 10k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
To show distance and pace information, Run 10k uses GPS location tracking, which works best when you’re outside and can see open sky. Make sure to turn on Background App Refresh to use GPS in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 10k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
• Audio cues can now be made louder.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 31, 2014
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Felt Tip Inc.
- 11.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (250)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 7 Min Fit
• C64 Paint
• Circle of Fifths - musical scales and chords
• CityVelo NY - bike share and route map
• Food Diary calorie counter
• Run 5k - interval training coach + stretch program
• RunQuest 21k - Half Marathon endurance training program
• Sound Studio
• The Grix by eBoy - create 8-bit pixel tile art
• Transit Maps
• Tuna Pitch - tune guitar, bass, banjo, cello, or other musical instrument