CNS Tap Test
CNS Tap Test is an adaptation of the Finger Tap Test (FTT) or Finger Oscillation Test (FOT) which is used to measure the status of the central nervous system (CNS), and is one of the most commonly used tests in neuropsychology, because of its simplicity and reliability, and because it generates relevant data about fine motor control, which is based on motor speed as well as kinesthetic and visual-motor ability.
The application should be used on a regular basis to determine an athlete’s baseline. If the CNS Tap Test result is elevated it is suitable for a maximum effort or a heavy lifting day. If the CNS Tap Test result is lower than average it may indicate CNS fatigue and impending sickness, injury or over-training.
Both hands should be tested on a regular basis in a consistent environment, typically every morning on waking. The procedure for testing is:
- Rest hand palm down on the heel of the hand on a flat surface
- Tapping is done with the index (pointing finger), and all other fingers remain on the flat surface
- The timer starts with the first tap
- When the timer expires no further taps will be accepted
- The result can either be saved or discarded.
Multiple samples can be saved per day.
The resulting data can be graphed, emailed or managed from within CNS Tap Test.
- Updated with iOS 8 SDK
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 2 days ago
- Healthcare & Fitness
- smudge.io PTY LTD
- 4.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (18)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Alese's Animals
• Human Performance
• IBJJF Rules
• iRateIt - Rate and Review Anything with a Barcode
• My Session Plan
• Olympifit Snatch by Bob Pavone
• Rollin' for a Reason