Beijing/Shanghai Air Quality (Data from US Embassy)
View Air Quality in Beijing and Shanghai from US embassy/consulate. Please click on the city name to switch between Beijing and Shanghai.
- Has two data sources, a quick main data source with delay less than 10 min and a more stable backup data source. User can switch to backup data source when the main source is out of service
- Forward info to Weibo and SMS
- Display daily air quality report from Beijing Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau
- Keep the same style with iOS weather forecast app
If you can not see the latest data, please click refresh button 3 to 5 times then you will get the refreshed data (normally less than 10 minutes delay)
The data of this App comes from the live feed of US Embassy in Beijing.
You can send the air quality info to your sina account if you have one ^_^
Or you can send the air quality info via SMS messages.
What is the Beijing air pollution index and what does it measure?
This is a live feed of air quality measurements from a monitoring station in the US embassy in downtown Beijing. The station measures PM2.5 particles. This means particles that are smaller than 2.5 microns in size, like soot from diesel engines. Research shows that these are the most dangerous pollutants. The first part is the date and time. Then comes the measurement, then an index that is calculated from the measurement, then a health impact rating. Anything below 100 is good, anything above 100 is a cause for concern. The feed shows the four most recent measurements in rotation (they are generally hourly), and today's average.
More information and research on the health risks posed by PM2.5 particles
What other kinds of pollution are in Beijing air ... and the risks
How to interpret the numbers?
The most important parts are the index and the rating. These are calculated according to US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines
51-100 Moderate (Unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion)
101-150 Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups (People with heart or lung disease, older adults, and children should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion)
151-200 Unhealthy (People with heart or lung disease, older adults, and children should avoid prolonged or heavy exertion. Everyone else should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion)
201-300 Very Unhealthy (People with heart or lung disease, older adults, and children should avoid all physical activity outdoors. Everyone else should avoid prolonged or heavy exertion)
Fix the problem with Shanghai data
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 22, 2013
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Solar Joke
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (37)
- 9.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Add Random Hilarious Video Dialogue Free The Random Video Dialogue Maker
• Body Symbol Free The Romantic Heart Photo Booth
• Body Symbol The Romantic Heart Photo Booth
• I'd Dub That
• Love Voucher Coupons Designer
• MCTMG - Motion Control Tile Matching Game
• Tweet with BodySymbol
• 水木笑话 - 清华学子的原创笑话分享
• 水木笑话免费版 - 清华学子的原创笑话分享