iOS Universal Games
Enjoy your morning crossword puzzle? Then you're going to love Psychobabble, the compulsively playable word association game from Ultralingua.
The first few puzzles are free to try. After that, you can purchase credits for more puzzles via in-app sales. You also earn puzzle credits by revealing enough Reward Words.
When you start playing, Dr. O'Babel, your friendly psychoanalyst, reveals a few carefully chosen words, and challenges you to guess related words. Keep following the associations (for example, from "dog" to "bark" to "tree" to "trunk" to "elephant") to reveal unexpected connections, surprising themes, jokes, and rewards.
This game will suck you in, and your friends and family with you. Perfect for a plane ride, a coffee break, around the dinner table, or sitting by yourself in the evening. Puzzles range from quick and easy to extra-clever challenges crafted by our New York Times crossword contributor. We’ll keep the puzzles coming, and you might find yourself wanting to write and share your own (stay tuned in 2013).
ONE OF A KIND PUZZLES
The language experts at Ultralingua teamed up with New York Times crossword contributor David Liben-Nowell to create puzzles full of twists, turns, and delightful surprises. To give his brain-buster puzzles a shot, just look for ones marked "David" in the list.
David's word puzzles have also been published in the New York Sun, the Penguin Classics Crossword Puzzles, and Games Magazine. The ones he made for us are full of puns and punchlines you're going to love.
Stuck? Get a hint. Play it however you like--with no hints at all, or with as many hints as you like to keep the ideas flowing.
TONS OF PUZZLES TO CHOOSE FROM
After trying out the free puzzle, you can get more from the in-app store. Browse the puzzle list by difficulty, popularity, and author. It's easy to pick a puzzle you're sure to like.
Your brain loves making connections. Psychobabble is just the therapy it needs!
• Psychobabble now works on iPhone and iPod touch in addition to iPad.
• We have increased the number of free starter puzzles.
• We have introduced "Reward Words." Reveal enough of them, and you earn a free puzzle credit.
• You can now use iCloud to move purchases between devices.
• Guesses with alternate spellings are now accepted. For example, guessing "grey" will find "gray", "colour" will find "color", and "oxen" works for "ox".
• We changed the name of the app to make it easier for people to find in the App Store.
• We added news and FAQ pages.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.