iOS Universal Games
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Another update is being planned! Expect a new character to play as in January.
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
This is a quick update to add some extra support for newer devices. It also adds App Previews.
Big updates are coming in January, including a new playable character class, the Paladin!
-Bug and maintenance fixes for new devices
TouchArcade —'Wayward Souls' Review - A Must-Have Game For All Souls
148Apps —Wayward Souls Review