NYTimes Crossword - Daily Word Puzzle Game
iOS Universal Games
The best crossword in the world is better than ever! Enjoy the same puzzles printed in the daily newspaper in the crossword app built by The New York Times.
Start playing with unlimited access to the daily puzzles for seven days. After that, subscribe for full access to The Crossword on iOS and at NYTimes.com.
Your subscription now gives you access to The Crossword on NYTimes.com at no additional charge. Just connect or create an account and play anywhere. Your puzzles will be available in the app and on the web.
This is the same puzzle that’s printed every day in The New York Times newspaper. Each daily puzzle is available the evening before at 10 p.m. E.T. (6 p.m. E.T. on weekends); enjoy Tuesday’s puzzle on Monday at 10 p.m. Practice and learn how to solve the puzzle on Monday or Tuesday, or challenge yourself with even more challenging puzzles later in the week.
Mini Puzzles are short, sweet and available every day without a subscription! Get a quick crossword fix when you don't have time for a daily puzzle.
Download these themed puzzles and add them to your collection. The first puzzle in each pack is free to try. Check back for new packs!
Subscribers can also play over 20 years of classic puzzles from our archives.
MODERN PUZZLE FEATURES
Solve puzzles with tricks like rebuses, related clues, checking, revealing and more!
Subscription options include an annual subscription at $39.99 per year and a monthly subscription at $6.99 per month. This amount will be charged to your iTunes account if purchased within the app. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of its term unless you cancel it at least 24 hours before expiration. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at NYTCrossword@NYTimes.com or from within the app itself. Your feedback is important to us and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Please note: subscription to The New York Times Crossword does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to NYTimes.com or mobile news content, e-reader additions, Times Premier, NYT Now, or other apps on non-iOS devices. No cancellations are allowed during active subscription period.
Fixes clue list scrolling bug.
- Adds support for a new puzzle size. A free pack of 9x9 puzzles is coming soon.
- Daily puzzle notifications are back. If push notifications are enabled, notifications will be sent when puzzles are available.
- No longer tries to sync tons of puzzles when logged out.
- Streaks are more reliable in spotty network conditions.
- There was a rare timing bug during data update. It is no more.
- The Mini puzzle was zooming in and out on iPad. That has ceased to be.
- There were some issues related to subscriptions and logging in. For example, the app would sometimes incorrectly grant access for a subscription that had already expired. Those bugs are now history.