"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing.
You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out.
All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks.
You have only minutes before exhaustion hits.
Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire?
What will you do?
Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. Navigate huge simulated worlds thousands of blocks wide with a full temperature and climate system, seasons, an equator, and frozen poles. Explore complex cave systems and flowing water, and survive deserts and snowy mountain tops. Build, farm, find & craft your way to advanced technology including shops, steam trains, electricity, and more!
Play alone, or with your friends, with local or online multiplayer.
• Control your blockheads in a vast randomly generated world with oceans, mountains, forests, deserts and deep underground caves.
• Keep an eye on their needs - give them sleep, feed them, create clothing and shelter - and they'll be happier, quicker and more productive.
• Craft tools with the resources they find, and they'll be able to work even faster and find more resources.
• Upgrade workbenches and unlock more advanced items to craft.
• Discover precious stones and metals deep underground, or rare plants and animals on the surface.
• Wire your house up with solar powered electricity and cook a fish curry on your electric stove.
• Craft a boat and navigate the oceans using the accurate night sky to guide you.
• Craft swords, armor, and a bow & arrows, and take on a cave troll.
• Make fur clothing and venture to the North Pole.
• Lay rail and go for a ride on a steam locomotive.
• Pick coconuts at a tropical beach.
• Cook meat at a campfire.
• Build a marble palace.
• Paint the walls.
• Plant an orchard.
• Ride a donkey!
1.5.1 doesn’t contain any new content, but has a lot of bug fixes, usability improvements, performance enhancements, and multiplayer features, so is recommended for all players!
- New improved interface for joining multiplayer worlds, including iCloud sync for recently joined servers
- Trade portals now display trend indicators and 24 hour graphs
- Adds ability to mute players in multiplayer chat, which also hides that player’s paintings and avatar
- Adds buttons for mods and admins to kick and ban easily in multiplayer
- New support for disabling PVP (Player vs. player) on multiplayer servers
- New support for password protecting servers
- New support for a custom welcome message when joining a server
- When you don’t have enough time crystals to complete an action, it now tells you how many more you need
- Admins and mods are now displayed in a different color on buttons and text
- Admins can now see a combination of all revealed areas of the map for all players
- Banned players paintings are now removed
- New buttons to get free crystals while crafting
- Fixes bug where blockheads could end up repeatedly dying from overheating
- Fixes issue where paintings could appear higher resolution than they should
- Fixes issue where players could pick up elevator shafts or motors that did not belong to them.
- Fixes crashing bugs
- Fixes issue where the sides and top of the front layer of glass blocks could often be rendered opaque
- Fixes issue where steam trains could be removed by anyone
- Fixes issue where station names didn’t show up when a steam locomotive is tapped
- Painted objects now show up the correct color when removed and in your inventory or dropped and floating
- Now all owned floating objects won’t despawn, e.g. paintings that drop as a result of the back wall being removed will no longer despawn.
- Reduces memory usage and improves performance, particularly reducing lag in multiplayer.
- Fixes bugs where items could get lost when disconnecting from a server
- Fixes bug that could cause electricity, steam generators and elevators to stop working.
- Fixes stairs achievement
- Fixes item dupe bugs
- Fixes bug where freezing water then mining the ice would make any objects (e.g. safes) that were frozen within disappear
- Fixes bug where sharks could multiply too quickly
- Fixes bug where some players couldn’t remove blocks containing windows
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 27, 2014
- Majic Jungle Software
- 67.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (6051)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (78520)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Chopper 2
• Chopper 2
• Chopper 2 Wireless Controller
• Chopper Lite
• Fluid Noise Generator
• Sand Pictures
• The Blockheads Server