This app was removed from the App Store.
Tank Battle: East Front 1944
iOS Universal Games
Tank Battle: East Front 1944 is the penultimate title in the successful ‘Tank Battle: East Front’ series of games for iPhone and iPad, a game of tactical combat on the Russian Front during 1944. Fight as the Germans or the Soviets in a series of ever more complex missions.
1944 was to be a terrible year for the German armed forces. A year of continuous retreat as the Soviet war machine moved relentlessly west. The summer would see the destruction of Germanys Army Group Centre, a worse disaster than Stalingrad. 1944 was also a year of super tanks with the appearance of the Iosif Stalin 2 tank with its massive 122mm gun and the German King Tiger.
Missions vary from straightforward wipe out the enemy missions, to capture key objectives, to protecting vital supply convoys and repairing broken heavy tanks. There is a whole range of missions to reflect the tactical complexity on warfare on the Eastern Front.
The game system is based on, and a major upgrade of, the successful game engine developed for ‘Tank Battle: North Africa’. Tank Battle: East Front 1941, Tank Battle: East Front 1942 Tank Battle: East Front 1943 are already available from the App Store. More Tank Battle: East Front missions will follow with the release of Tank Battle: East Front 1945 in the coming weeks.
Key Game Features:
· High Definition World War Two Era Graphics.
· Play as the Soviets in the 7 Mission ‘First Strike’ learning campaign that ends with two in depth missions.
· Play as the Germans in the 8 Mission ‘Onslaught’ Campaign.
· Play as the Soviets in the 8 Mission ‘Collapse Campaign.
· Play as either side in 2 ‘pass and play’ two player missions.
· 44 different German units; 15cm sFH18, 17cm K18, 20mm FLaK38, 37mm FLaK37, 50mm PaK38, 88mm FLaK36, 88mm PaK43 41, 10.5cm leFH18, FlaKPz 38t Gepard, FlaKPz IV Mobelwagen, Flakvierling, 3.7cm FlaK37 Emplacement, Hetzer, Hummel, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanzer IV/48, Jagdpanzer IV/70 (V), Ju87, Marder IIIh, Marder IIIm, Nashorn, Nebelwerfer-43, Panther, Panzer II Luchs, Panzer IVH, Panzerschreck Infantry, Sdk.fz 7/2, Sdk.fz 7, Sdk.fz 10/4, Sdk.fz. 124 Wespe, Sdk.fz 222, Sdk.fz 233, Sdk.fz 234/1, Sdk.fz 234/2 Puma, Sdk.fz 250/1, Sdk.fz 251, Grille K sIG33, StuH42, StuG IIIG, StuG IV, Tiger I, Tiger II, Wirbelwind, Wurfrahmen 40.
· 28 different Soviet units; 45mm Model 1937, 57mm Model 1943 ZIS2, 76mm Model 1942 ZIS3 Artillery, 76mm Model 1942 ZIS3 ATG, 85mm-model-1939, 122mm Model 1938, 152mm Model 1938, BA-64, BM-13, BM-31, 100mm BS-3, IS-1, IS-2, ISU-122, KV-1, KV-8, KV-85, M3a1 Armoured Transport, OT-34, Shturmovik, SU-76, SU-85, SU-100, SU-122, SU-152, T34/43, T34/85, T70.
· 6 common units; Flamethrower, HMG, Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, Mortar, Supply Dump, Truck.
· Hi-definition summer and winter terrain.
· Four troop classes; Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
· Other Game Features; Detailed Combat Analysis, Flank Attacks , Strategic Movement, indirect fire, mounting and dismounting from vehicles.
· Hours of game play
· Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
· Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/hexwar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
A whole new way to play, 'Historical Mode'. This is now an option on starting a new mission.