Sid's Science Fair
*Editor's Choice Award Winner from Children's Technology Review*
Sid’s Science Fair engages players (ages 3 to 6) in experiential learning with core science and math concepts from classification and identifying patterns to charting and sequencing. Emcee’d by Sid, from the hit series SID THE SCIENCE KID, the app presents three absolutely addictive Science Fair games specially crafted for your curious early learner(s):
GABRIELA’S “COLLECTION INSPECTION”
Use your interactive magnifying glass to discover fascinating patterns among a wide variety of objects, from butterflies and buttons to keys and coins. Gabriela has fourteen different collections to inspect—and different patterns every time—so this game offers many hours of repeat play!
MAY’S “CHART IT!”
Think statistics are boring? No, no, no. Not with May and her awesome “Chart It!” game. Players organize her miniature stuffed animals, balloon creatures, origami, silly faces, and other cool stuff on a chart by observing shared traits. These traits can include color, shape, orientation, and more. May has seven different collections, each of which has ten items and three charts.
GERALD’S “TIME MACHINE”
Get ready to travel through time! Or, rather, to make Gerald’s amazing pictures travel through time… First, choose from among his fourteen picture collections. Then order the pictures into a sequence, such as a snowman melting, candles burning down, a flower growing, or an apple being eaten. Once your sequence is in order (forwards or backwards in time both work!), you can swipe back and forth or tilt your device left or right to watch the time machine in action. But beware! Time machines can have unexpected results…
ABOUT THE APP
Sid’s Science Fair from PBS KIDS was developed by Carstens Studios in partnership with PBS and the Jim Henson Company, the producers of the groundbreaking TV series SID THE SCIENCE KID. The series, which airs weekdays on PBS KIDS, uses comedy to promote exploration, discovery and science readiness among early learners. Find all things Sid, including videos, songs, games, and activities, at http://pbskids.org/sid.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 02, 2014
- PBS KIDS
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (65)
- 47.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• All Aboard the Dinosaur Train!
• Caillou Let's Pretend
• CyberChase Shape Quest!
• Cyberchase 3D Builder
• D.W.'s Unicorn Adventure
• Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night
• Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Play at Home with Daniel
• Dinosaur Train A to Z
• Dinosaur Train Camera Catch!
• Dinosaur Train Classic in the Jurassic, Jr.!
• Dinosaur Train Eggspress
• Dinosaur Train Mesozoic Math Adventures
• FETCH! LUNCH RUSH
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab Fresh Pick
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab: Hectic Harvest
• Little Pim Chinese
• Little Pim French
• Little Pim Spanish
• Martha Speaks Dog Party
• Martha Speaks Story Maker
• Martha Speaks Word Spinner
• PBS KIDS Photo Factory
• PBS KIDS Video
• PBS Parents Play & Learn
• PBS Parents Play & Learn HD
• Peg + Cat Big Gig
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet for iPad
• SUPER WHY Alpha Boost!
• SUPER WHY Paint!
• SUPER WHY Phonics Fair
• SUPER WHY Phonics Fair for iPad
• SUPER WHY!
• SUPER WHY! for iPad
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play for iPad
• Super WHY! The Power to Read!
• The Electric Company Party Game: Lost on Prankster Planet
• The Electric Company Wordball!
• Wild Kratts Creature Math
• Wild Kratts Creature Power
• WordGirl Superhero Training
• WordWorld: Fun with WordFriends