GeoBee Challenge HD by National Geographic
"GeoBee makes an excellent companion for long train rides or meals with dull people." - Slate
“Grab It. The first day of school is just around the corner. Here (is) an app that can be packed in alongside your kids’ pencils and notebooks.” – New York Daily News
MOBI Award FINALIST - Best Mobile Game 2010
New LOWER Price to go along with new HD version!
Apple recommended - Back to school app!
Bigger and better...AND we fixed the bug in level 15! Now with beautiful maps from National Geographic, explore the world while testing your smarts.
This is a challenging game, so it's not for beginners...but do keep in mind that the National Geographic Bee is meant for kids in grades 4-8. Are you smarter than a 4th grader? If you need help studying, you should check out the National Geographic World Atlas HD app, also available on iTunes.
Three types of game play make sure you really know your stuff and never get bored.
In the multiple-choice round, answers come from a library of more than 1300 National Geographic Bee questions. In the map challenge round, you zoom, pinch and tap your way to find spots on an interactive map from a catalog of 1000+ locations. For an added challenge, bonus rounds include compelling National Geographic photographs where you have to locate what's in the photo on the interactive map...only we don't tell you where the photo was taken or what is in the picture!
The faster you answer, the more points you get! You have to keep up the pace to move on to the next round.
About National Geographic Bee:
Each year thousands of schools in the United States participate in the National Geographic Bee using materials prepared by the National Geographic Society. The contest is designed to encourage teachers to include geography in their classrooms, spark student interest in the subject, and increase public awareness about geography. Schools with students in grades four through eight are eligible for this entertaining and challenging test of geographic knowledge.
School Bees: November 14, 2011-January 13, 2012
Qualifying Test received by: January 31, 2012
State Bees: March 30, 2012
National Bee: May 22-24, 2012
**Other National Geographic iPad app...check out World Atlas HD!**
- Enhanced Gameplay – Levels of difficulty have been modified throughout, allowing for progressively more challenging questions the further you get into the game.
- Enhanced Leaderboards – see how you stack up against your friends!
- Community Features – Game Center and OpenFeint network integration to connect and challenge your friends share to Facebook and Twitter.
- A few bug and content fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 16, 2011
- National Geographic Society
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (862)
- 52.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic
• 50 Places of a Lifetime: The World's Greatest D...
• A Taste of Montreal
• Big Cat Week: Quest for Survival
• Birds Lite by National Geographic
• Building Titanic
• City Guides by National Geographic
• GeoBee Challenge by National Geographic
• GeoDash: Wild Animal Adventure
• Howling Mouse
• Just Joking
• London Guide by National Geographic
• Look & Learn: Animal Alphabet
• Look & Learn: Animals Vol. 1
• Marine Missions
• National Geographic Birds: Field Guide to North America
• National Geographic Kids
• National Geographic Magazine
• National Geographic Today
• National Geographic Traveler Magazine
• National Geographic World Atlas
• National Parks by National Geographic
• New York Guide by National Geographic
• Paris Guide by National Geographic
• Puzzle Planets
• Rome Guide by National Geographic
• Ultimate Dinopedia: Complete Dinosaur Reference
• Weird But True