GeoBee Challenge HD by National Geographic
This is a challenging game, so it's not for beginners...but do keep in mind that the National Geographic Bee is meant for kids in grades 4-8. Are you smarter than a 4th grader? If you need help studying, you should check out the National Geographic World Atlas HD app, also available on iTunes.
Three types of game play make sure you really know your stuff and never get bored.
In the multiple-choice round, answers come from a library of more than 1300 National Geographic Bee questions. In the map challenge round, you zoom, pinch and tap your way to find spots on an interactive map from a catalog of 1000+ locations. For an added challenge, bonus rounds include compelling National Geographic photographs where you have to locate what's in the photo on the interactive map...only we don't tell you where the photo was taken or what is in the picture!
The faster you answer, the more points you get! You have to keep up the pace to move on to the next round.
About National Geographic Bee:
Each year thousands of schools in the United States participate in the National Geographic Bee using materials prepared by the National Geographic Society. The contest is designed to encourage teachers to include geography in their classrooms, spark student interest in the subject, and increase public awareness about geography. Schools with students in grades four through eight are eligible for this entertaining and challenging test of geographic knowledge.
"GeoBee makes an excellent companion for long train rides or meals with dull people." - Slate
“Grab It. The first day of school is just around the corner. Here (is) an app that can be packed in alongside your kids’ pencils and notebooks.” – New York Daily News
MOBI Award FINALIST - Best Mobile Game 2010
Apple recommended - Back to school app!
Dear GeoBee Challenge users, thank you for your patience during the last few weeks, as we rebuild the app to allow you to play on all the latest devices. The updated version has a few slight visual modifications, but it is the same game you know and love. Please continue to send your feedback to email@example.com, and good luck in the GeoBee Challenge!
- Universal build! Now iPhone and iPad are combined in one package.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 07, 2014
- National Geographic Society
- 28.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (145)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1177)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic
• Big Cat Week: Quest for Survival
• Birds Lite by National Geographic
• City Guides by National Geographic
• FieldScope Data Collector
• GeoDash: Wild Animal Adventure
• Just Joking
• London Guide by National Geographic
• Look & Learn: Animal Alphabet
• Look & Learn: Animals Vol. 1
• Marine Missions
• National Geographic Birds: Field Guide to North America
• National Geographic Kids
• National Geographic Magazine
• National Geographic Traveler Magazine
• National Geographic World Atlas
• National Geographic’s DEEPSEA CHALLENGE
• National Parks by National Geographic
• New York Guide by National Geographic
• Paris Guide by National Geographic
• Rome Guide by National Geographic
• The Underground Railroad: Journey to Freedom
• Ultimate Dinopedia: Complete Dinosaur Reference
• Weird But True