Mister Rogers Make a Journal for Preschoolers
Winner of a Parents' Choice Gold Award, the Make a Journal app encourages children to identify and talk about their feelings about their everyday experiences like school, playtime and friends. The app features an animated version of favorite Neighborhood of Make-Believe character Daniel Striped Tiger, who invites children to make a journal to help them reflect on the things they do and to express how they feel.
Fred Rogers often said "Whatever is mentionable can be more manageable." This PBS KIDS app encourages children to think about their experiences and helps them find words to express their feelings – mentioning and managing. This process can help young children better understand their emotions and develop a more secure sense of self. Kids choose from among five journal topics: Books, Mad Feelings, Playtime, Pretending, and School. They can then assemble pictures of story-building blocks that relate to the topic in order to tell their own journal stories.
CREATE YOUR OWN LIBRARY
Journals can be saved in a digital library for sharing anytime. Using virtual crayons, markers, watercolors and stickers, children can draw a custom cover for each journal to make it easy to find later.
EXPLORE EMOTIONS TOGETHER
These journals can give children a way to express and share their feelings with the adults who care about them. It can be an especially useful tool for children who might be reluctant to talk about their feelings. As you talk together about your child’s experiences and feelings at school, at play and at home, parents have an opportunity to get to know their child better.
ABOUT MAKE A JOURNAL
Mister Rogers' Make a Journal from PBS KIDS was developed by Darren Murtha Design in partnership with PBS and Family Communications Inc., the producers of MISTER ROGERS’ NEIGHBORHOOD. The original concept and artwork were created by FableVision Inc. A Web version of the app is available on PBS KIDS PLAY! (pbskidsplay.org).
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 25, 2010
- PBS KIDS
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (101)
- 6.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• All Aboard the Dinosaur Train!
• Cyberchase 3D Builder
• D.W.'s Unicorn Adventure
• Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Play at Home with Daniel
• Dinosaur Train Camera Catch!
• Dinosaur Train Classic in the Jurassic, Jr.!
• Dinosaur Train Eggspress
• Dinosaur Train Mesozoic Math Adventures
• FETCH! LUNCH RUSH
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab Fresh Pick
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab: Hectic Harvest
• Little Pim Chinese
• Little Pim French
• Little Pim Spanish
• Martha Speaks Dog Party
• Martha Speaks Story Maker
• Martha Speaks Word Spinner
• PBS KIDS Photo Factory
• PBS KIDS Video
• PBS Parents Play & Learn
• PBS Parents Play & Learn HD
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet for iPad
• SUPER WHY Alpha Boost!
• SUPER WHY Paint!
• SUPER WHY!
• SUPER WHY! for iPad
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play for iPad
• Sid's Science Fair
• Super WHY! The Power to Read!
• The Electric Company Party Game: Lost on Prankster Planet
• The Electric Company Wordball!
• Wild Kratts Creature Math
• Wild Kratts Creature Power
• WordWorld: Fun with WordFriends