Kwingle, the ideas association game
Kwingle is a simple and intuitive party game for 3-6 players.
A turn takes place in two stages: in the first stage, a list of words is given to the players. Turn and turn about, each player chooses one of the words in the list. The player then has 20 seconds to issue a challenge based on the word by naming the association of ideas that the word brings to mind. For example, if the chosen word is “table”, the player can suggest “chairs, tablecloths, towels, meals, ironing, upholstery”, and so on.
Then, the second stage of the round takes place: each player casts a vote in secret for the player who seemed to have suggested the most original and most varied association of ideas, which relate to the chosen word. Each player scores as many points as votes he/she collects. If a player has voted for the person that gathered the most votes, that player receives one point. When voting, try to guess what will please others.
You can add variations; further challenges are possible! At the beginning of the game, you can agree that, instead of naming associations of ideas for the chosen word, you can try to act out the chosen word for twenty seconds. Then you will vote for the player who acted out the word with the funniest and most original gestures....
Other possible challenges:
- Choose the word that best fits the player's personality, explaining why you chose that word.
- Suggest a zany definition of the chosen word.
- Find words phonetically similar to the chosen word.
- Explore the room for objects that recall the chosen word.
- Act as if you were to sell the item or concept represented by the selected word to other players.
Of course you can imagine other possibilities!
Addition of an introductory page
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 22, 2011
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 40.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Blue Beard, by Charles Perrault
• Candide (French), text + audio
• Cendrillon, de Charles Perrault (text and audio)
• La Lettre volée (text and audio), Edgar Allan Poe
• La Morte amoureuse (text and audio), Théophile Gautier
• La Mule du Pape, Alphonse Daudet (text and audio)
• Le Chat Botté, de Charles Perrault (French), text + audio
• Le Horla (text and audio), Guy de Maupassant
• Le Rosier de Madame Husson, de Guy de Maupassant (French), text + audio
• Les Trois Messes Basses, Alphonse Daudet (French), text + audio
• Little Thumb, by Charles Perrault
• Six Fables de La Fontaine
• The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood, by Charles Perrault
• Tom Pouce, conte de Grimm