Junk Jack Retro
iOS Universal Games
*If you don't have Junk Jack we suggest you to first purchase it and then consider Junk Jack Retro to enjoy where all started!*
Junk Jack is now called Junk Jack Retro, with widescreen support!
Junk Jack Retro is the prequel of Junk Jack, a 2D sandbox game where you can explore, build your home and survive in random procedurally generated worlds full of monsters, treasures and hidden secrets!
What the press says:
"A Wonderful Free-Roam Game with an Irresistible Pixel Aesthetic"
"It has charm in spades. While it isn't the first 2D sandbox building game out there, it is a particularly attractive one, sporting crisp pixel art and gorgeous lighting effects. "
"Junk Jack is a hands-down, no questions asked must-own for any and all iOS users who love sandbox crafting games."
"Junk Jack isn't Minecraft, nor does it feel like it needs to be as its 2D world provides the same level of novel exploration fun while presenting challenges of its own to overcome; a tightly balanced free form experience that's only going to get better with time."
Join our forum (http://forum.pixbits.com) and help us to improve our game, and share your creations!
* retro style pixel art!
* beautiful sound tracks from Bright Primate
* intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything!
* dynamic day/night cycle
* never get lost with customizable signs
* advanced farming system with more than 30 different plant types
* 135+ recipes for cookable foods!
* tint cloth blocks with 15 color dyes
* underground biomes with unique graphic style and monsters.
* placeable and throwable explosives that can destroy buildings, landscapes and monsters!
* critters and enemies to fight (more than 60 different mobs!)
* a fully featured lighting system together with many different sources of light and global lighting
* 3 slots for infinite worlds that you can generate and explore, every world is different from any other!
* procedural generation which creates beautiful worlds with plants, caves, different biomes all around the world
* a double layered world which allows to customize background and foreground of your creations
* many ores and shiny gems to help your adventure
* many hidden containers full of treasures
* more than 1000 treasures!
* more than 600 crafts!
* more than 380 block types
* many elements to decorate your houses (like sofas, tables, wardrobes, paintings, statues and many others)
* an in-game discoverable book to teach you how to play and the recipes available
* shelfs to place items around just to make your buildings shine
* minimap (with a really zoomed out feature to allow you to share your creations)
* runs fine on older gen hardware
We would like to thank Notch! He developed our bigger indie brother Minecraft, without which this game would not exist.
If you need help, please contact us!
Junk Jack is now called Junk Jack Retro, paying homage to the game who started our adventure.
The game has been updated to new Apple standards, and supports widescreen on all devices.
Check also out Junk Jack (Formerly known as Junk Jack X). A vast new adventure awaits you!
148Apps —Junk Jack Review
TouchArcade —'Junk Jack' Review - A Gorgeous 2D Sandbox in the Tradition of Minecraft