This app was removed from the App Store.
iOOTP Baseball 2014 Edition
iOS Universal Games
*** Offseaon Special -Now available for free! ***
Guide your favorite baseball team to glory! Out of the Park Baseball, the most realistic and best-selling baseball management game ever created, is now available for iOS as a brand new 2014 version.
** This is the 2014 version of the game. The new version, now called MLB Manager 2015, will be available in Spring 2015 and will include an official MLB.com license. It will feature real team logos, including historical MLB logos!
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
"Baseball freaks who want that heavily stat-based front office experience will find a rich and detailed sim." (GamerPops)
"The only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to." (Curt Schilling)
PLEASE NOTE: The iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2nd gen or older are NOT supported!
New features in iOOTP Baseball this year:
- Real 2014 rosters and schedule! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
- Player Editor - Make adjustments to player ratings and biographical info, or put yourself into the game
- Redesigned interface
- Improved play-by-play commentary and news stories
- Improved AI engine
- iPhone 5 and full Retina support
- Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!
- Plenty of small tweaks & improvements
iOOTP Baseball 2014 features a living world that uses the same robust simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball for Mac and PC, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Out of the Park Baseball is the second-highest-rated PC game ever on Metacritic and also received the PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year Award.
The game offers three gameplay modes:
- Major Leagues: Choose a team and play out the 2014 season. Will Kershaw again dominate the NL? How will Tanaka perform under the Spotlight in New York? How does Mike Trout continue his excellent young career? Find out!
- Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons -- 1919, 1939, or 2012 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Every other year in history is available as in-app purchase!
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft amateurs, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As iOOTP's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
iOOTP Baseball is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
- News Screen performance
- Manager News screen performance
- Past Champions screen fixed (iPad)
- HOF screen performance
- Progressbar dialog fixed (cosmetic)
- updated opening day roster
- Previewtext for News/PM fixed (iPad)
- Added Batter type to in-game screen player bio
Except for the updated opening day roster all changes are save game compatible. To use the new 2014 roster you need to start a new game.
148Apps —iOOTP Baseball 2014 Edition Review
TouchArcade —'iOOTP Baseball 2014' Review - Root Root Root for the Home Team