Endless Depths RPG
Endless Depths RPG is an old school 'rogue-like' turn-based role-playing game, which utilizes randomly-generated dungeons and a one-character-one-life rule that makes simply staying alive to be the major challenge in the game. Endless Depths also incorporates concepts such as strategic combat abilities to put a new flavor on the old-school concept.
Can you take down Mephistopheles? The Endless Depths RPG challenges you to get past hordes of enemies from giant bats to skeletons to demons and overpowering giants. Down into the depths you will go, dodging traps and collecting weapons. And if you have enough luck and skill, you will face off with the lord of demons himself.
Endless Depths RPG Features:
* A rogue-like RPG with a strategic combat system
* Randomly-generated dungeons
* An open-ended character system allowing for dozens of skill combinations
* Hundreds of monsters, dozens of spells and plenty of great loot to find
* OpenFeint compatible with over a dozen achievements to unlock
Powered by the TitanFire RPG system, Endless Depths creates strategy in combat by putting the emphasis on defenses like blocking, parrying and dodging. While other combat systems are about whittling down the red bar of your opponent's health, TitanFire is about breaking through the enemy's defenses using abilities like quick strikes, set up maneuvers and feints. The magic system plays a similar role, with most spells being blockable and all spells being dodgable. The system is augmented by the freedom to choose up to three different skill sets.
Endless Depths RPG is a rogue-like game, a category that includes classics like Rogue, Moria, Omega, Angband and even newer games like Diablo.
Note: The public domain tilesets used in Endless Depths come from the RLTiles collection. Some tiles have been modified by the author.
* You can now recall to town from the menu screen when you are not in combat, being actively damaged or were recently damaged.
* The "Town" (which is really just a new menu) will *not* allow you to sell all your loot. The townsfolk don't have tons of gold. If they did, they'd be city folk. It's main purpose is to allow you to spend your gold on crafting armor, weapons, etc.
* Special gems can now be found in the dungeon that can be used in the crafting process to add magical effects to items. (However, these are needed for crafting -- if you just want an obsidian sword, feel free to craft one).
* The Town also offers the ability to "restart" the dungeon. This options clears the dungeon and starts a new one at the player's current adventuring level. It is designed for those who become stuck with no stairs spawning or stairs that don't seem to work. Hopefully, this will clear those problems up.
* The only non-Town change was an adjustment that stops the player from regenerating health immediately after combat. You'll need to walk away from the spot to begin regenerating. This is similar to traps that damage the player.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 28, 2013
- Nations Software
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (17)
- 5.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• DM Tools: Random Encounters (d20 4e)
• Dallas Cowboys News Plus+
• Dolce Gusto Coffee Timer
• Gluten Free Foods
• Gluten Free Ingredients
• Gluten Free News
• Headline News: Pro Football News Edition
• Headline News: Pro Football News Edition HD
• Marbles Classic
• Marbles Invasion
• Piano Song Lessons
• RPG Dice Calculator
• RPG Random Dungeon Generator
• RPG Random Dungeon Generator HD
• Random Treasure for D20 RPG (4e)
• Yeast Free Diet Tips