Dora ABCs Vol 3: Reading
iOS iPhone Education
The third learning adventure in the Nickelodeon Literacy Suite, Dora ABCs Vol 3: Ready to Read! focuses on your child's early reading and phonics skills. After reviewing letter sounds in Dora ABCs Vol 1: Letter & Letter Sounds, and learning phonemic awareness with Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words your child is now ready to read! In Dora ABCs Vol 3: Ready to Read!, your child will begin to see that letters can be organized in a specific sequence to represent words. By changing the beginning, final or middle letters of these words, they can turn one word into another, a game called "word ladders". The ability to manipulate first, last and inside letters of simple words is an important skill to becoming a proficient reader.
In this game, Dora and Boots need your child's help crossing Water Lily Lake to get to the Fantastic Frog Fiesta on the other side. By sounding out words or changing letters of words to make new ones, the player will help Dora and Boots cross the lake by hopping on the lily pads. Supportive directions and sound effects help guide your child in learning how to sound out words and start to read.
In between phonics activities, three whimsical mini games with Dora's frog friends offer additional play: turn lily pads to get the frogs to a flower, match colorful frogs and flowers, or stack all the frogs on a moving lily pad to reach a high flower. All three games are interspersed among the phonics activities.
Dora and Boots can't make it to the Fantastic Frog Fiesta without your child's help! ¡Vámonos! Let's go!
Dora ABCs Vol 3: Ready to Read! includes:
• Easy to use tutorials lead by Dora
• 5 Levels of game play with a rich set of age appropriate words for beginning readers
• Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
• Word ladders in which kids can change words by manipulating first, last and inside sounds.
• Three whimsical frog mini games that are entertaining and replayable
• Voiceovers that reinforce letter sounds and identify the vocabulary words
• Tested by kids
• Player profiles allow more than one child to play and saves their progress
• Parent reporting which shows you how your child is progressing in this app.
End User License Agreement:
Bug fixes and iOS 11 performance updates