Death Road to Canada
iOS Universal Games
New update is out with a bunch of tweaks and support for Apple Replay streaming! See more update news at the bottom of this description. A big update is coming soon that adds an unlock system, requested features, and more!
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
Some time in May-June, the big "COCCYX" Update is coming. Planned features:
- New unlock system! You can earn points to buy new traits and perks to increase the power of your custom characters.
- Unlock the mysterious Unlock Gnome
- New control options
- Requests we get from your feedback
- New content and other surprises
- Fix for iOS 8, to make it compatible with the streaming update
When this big update comes out, the price of the game will again increase by a dollar. We want to reward early buyers! All players get to look forward to updates that add new things to the game.
The next update after COCCYX will be a big content update. More news on this later!
- Streaming added with Apple Replay!
- Some bugfixes, including one for Enable Music.
- Lots of tweaks!
We're now working on a big update (codenamed: COCCYX) that will add a new Unlock System to the game. This should help with beginner player difficulty balance. You'll be able to earn new perks, traits, and more. This update should also include some new controls options that people have requested.
Full change list for this update:
- Apple Replay support added for streaming game footage!
- A fix for Enable Music acting strangely.
- Passed out Bar rescue no longer picks weapons up when unconscious
- Alternate foodless method to wake up POBR, takes a bunch of time instead.
- Civilized now always starts with 1 morale, preventing cases where it started with 0 or -1. No more INSTANTLY LOSING a Civilized recruit.
- Less frequent NOT ENOUGH MED SUPPLIES blurbs
- OUT OF MEDS blurb lasts longer onscreen, same time as other med messages
- OOM blurb can happen again if you heal, if a day passes, or you load a save.
- Revamped CAR NUT now let you choose whether or not you want the new car if you recruit a CAR NUT after the game starts.
- CAR NUT start of game check moved to game-start.df rather than the perk definition itself.
- Added familiar-recruit-check for the CAR NUT choice and future things like it. We can move other things here if requested, so that a recruit properly only gives you things if recruited. Let us know in the comments.
- Group healing doctor and trainers now have LEAVE as the first, default choice. Temporary measure until we can add extra options.
- Strength trainer strength check event now moved to last option.
- Cars no longer run out of gas if they have 0 car-mpg. No more losing the alien car for it being out of gas, hopefully.
- Wizzle Stick now properly gets a weapon score bonus. Maybe this will make the wizard stop using baseball bats instead of his staff. Let me know!
- Fixed a needless extra dup with zombie summoning that lead to putting garbage on the memory stack.
- Put in a missing day-passed tracking for a CYOA camp option
- Cancelled LNK day
- Pronoun correction for bully-sprayit
- Corrected recruit-familiarreplace, before it was unused and familiar characters were using the normal recruit-replace
- Changed familiar camp recruits to also use the above
- Modern Spear is now named Tactical Spear, which is a much more tactical name.
- The Blunt Master sledgehammer trader now has a special sale in April. Mark your calendars.
TouchArcade —'Death Road to Canada' Review - A Dog, Anime Magical Girl, and A Farting Man Enter a Bar...
148Apps —Death Road to Canada review