iOS Universal Games
Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA's classic arcade-style beat 'em up, now available on mobile for the first time. Play free and prepare for the first truly interactive comic book ever!
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare world. See your enemies drawn before you and defeat them. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines. Then defeat the super-villain, Mortus, to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
- All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
- Unleash superhero power-ups and tons of intense fighting moves
- Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
- Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
- Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus, public enemy No.1
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
- "Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly." [92%] - Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
- "A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action." [91%] - Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
- "This is a game that deserves to win over the most jaded beat 'em up practitioners." [89%] - Marcus Hearn, Mean Machines SEGA #36 (October 1995)
- "Once again SEGA come up trumps with an original title guaranteed to give gamers many sleepless nights." [83%] - Mat Yeo, SEGA Pro #50 (October 1995)
- "A twinkling star in the vacuous space of platform / beat 'em ups." [81%] - Dean Mortlock, SEGA Power #72 (November 1995)
- "One of the best-looking games, indeed, ever to grace the Mega Drive." [79%] - Mr Biffo, Digitiser (7th October, 1995)
COMIX ZONE TRIVIA
- Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
- Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
- Comix Zone features a happy and sad ending depending on how you defeat the final boss
- SEGA held patent US 6010405 for the game systems innovative simulation of a comic book
COMIX ZONE HISTORY
First released August 1996 on the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis system
Developed by: SEGA Technical Institute
Designer: Peter Morawiec
Lead Programmer: Adrian Stephens
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
SEGA, the SEGA logo and COMIX ZONE are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- - - - -
Sketch, we've powered up the game with some new performance improvements!
- Updated sound emulation for a more authentic experience
- Fixed an issue where cloud saves could be lost due to an interrupted connection
- Improved cloud save messaging