This app was removed from the App Store.
Civil War: Gettysburg (Mobile)
iOS iPhone Games
The Battle of Gettysburg was fought from 1st to 3rd July 1863, in Pennsylvania. The battle resulted the largest number of casualties in any battle of the entire war, and was the turning point of the American Civil War. Over three days General George Meade's Army of the Potomac defeated the Confederate army of General Robert E. Lee's, ending Confederate attempts to invade the North.
The first day ended with the Confederates in control of the town of Gettysburg but they had failed to push on to take the high ground. Day two was a day of a series of actions at both ends of the battlefield at Culp's Hill and Little Round Top. Day three ended with the disaster of Pickett's Charge.
The game also covers other of smaller engagements in the run up to the greatest battle of the war.
Key Game Features:
- Historically accurate game play.
- Three day ‘battle’ game.
- ‘Twilight’ scenario covering the key actions from the 2nd and 3rd day of the battle.
- Three massive one-day scenarios for each of the three days.
- Five scenarios covering the battles of:
- Thoroughfare Gap
- Furr Farm
- Goose Creek
- Ewell's Chapel
- Marsh Cree
- Little Round Top
- Accurate Civil War Units;
- 8 different types of artillery.
- 5 different types of cavalry (mounted & dismounted).
- 3 different types of infantry.
- Four categories of unit quality.
- Four categories of generals.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Day and Night.
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Hours of Gameplay.
- iCloud Saves (also compatible with the Mac version of the game).
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Updated icon.