This app was removed from the App Store.
Civil War: Bloody April
iOS Universal Games
Bloody April is based on the board game of the same name and is part of the 'Great Battles of the American Civil War' series of games, recreating the significant battles of the American Civil War.
Bloody April focuses on the Battle of Shiloh which was fought from 6th to 7th April 1862. The Union Army of the Tennessee, under Major General Ulysses S. Grant, was encamped at Pittsburg Landing, on the West Bank of the Tennessee River. The Confederate Army of the Mississippi, commanded by General Albert S. Johnston, launched a surprise attack on the morning of 6th April. Unprepared for battle, the Union forces suffered heavy casualties in the first hours of the fighting but held their position at Pittsburg Landing. Overnight the Union were reinforced by the arrival of Major General Don C. Buell's Army of the Ohio, and launched a decisive counterattack on 7th April, driving the Confederates from the field.
- Historically accurate game play.
- Accurate Civil War units.
- Play as either the Union or Confederate side.
- 11 scenarios offering alternative objectives.
- 3 levels of difficulty.
- Five categories of unit quality.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Low ammo.
- Unit disruption.
- Game Centre Achievements.
Add: A whole new way to play. 'Historical Mode'. This is now an option on starting a new mission.