Chess Problems by World Champions: Memphis Chess Club
iOS Universal Games
Sharpen your chess skills!
Beginners and experienced players alike will enjoy solving the chess puzzles included in this app. All of the puzzles were hand picked and were either taken from actual games or are compositions inspired by actual games!
The app includes 645 interactive puzzles ranging from mate in 2 moves all the way to mate in 17 moves! The object is to finish each puzzle by forcing a checkmate in a given number of moves. These puzzles are fun to play and can be enjoyed at your leisure on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
All of the puzzles in this app are from the book 'Memphis Chess Club: Chess Problems by World Champions' by Kenn E. Thompson, Dwight K. Weaver, and Christopher McDade (2011) and is available in the iTunes Bookstore.
Other features include:
- Timing clock is displayed while you are working on each puzzle. How long you take to solve a puzzle is stored.
- Lots of options: 7 chess piece sets and 7 different colors schemes including wood and marble.
- Social Gaming: Leaderboards to compare the number of puzzles you have solved with your friends and other players. Facebook integration - including the ability to post your progress and ask your friends for help on a puzzle.
- Universal app - works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - high resolution graphics all around (where supported).
For even more chess puzzle challenges check out these apps:
- Mate in 1 Puzzles
- Mate in 2 Puzzles
- Mate in 3 Puzzles
- Mate in 4+ Puzzles
- Fixed bug in which the app would crash or possibly not send the correct .pgn file in an email when exporting a puzzle.
- Fixed crash when re-running the hint solver multiple times
- other minor fixes and iOS compatibilities issues